Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon In the MM not in the WLD (spoilers) (updated 5/27/05)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Quillion
    • Flumph

Ok I have been using my 3.5 monster manual and the index PDF, so I now have all the creatures that do not appear in the WLD.

MONSTERS

Aboleth Mage

Animate Object: various sizes

Arrow hawk Juvenile and Adult

Basilisk (general)

Beholder*

Gaurth*

Demon, Balor

Dinosaurs; Deinoychus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus

Dire; Ape, Badger, Bear, Boar, Lion, Tiger, Weasal, Wolverine

Displacer Beast*

Dragon, Chromatic; Blue, White

Dragon, Metallic; Copper, Dragon, Brass, Gold, Silver

Dragon age categories not used Wymling, very young , Juvenile, Mature Adult, Old, Very Old, Wyrm, and Great Wyrm

Elemental: Various sizes of Air. Earth, Fire, and Water,

Genie, Djinni, Janni

Giant, Storm

Githyanki*

Githzari*

Kou-toa

Golem, Clay

Garduinal; Avoreal

Harpy Archer

Lycanthropes; Wearboar, Weretiger, and Werewolf

Mephit: Dust, Earth, Fire, Ooze, and Salt

Mind Flayer*

Mummy (General)

Nightshade; NightWalker, Nightwing

Phase Spider

Skeleton (Various Sizes)

Sphinx; Andro, Cryo, Heirco

Swarm: Bat, Centipede, Hellwasp, Locust, Spider

Tjonda; Juvenile and Elder

Troll Hunter

Umber Hulk* Truly Horrid Umber hulk*

Unicorn: Celestial Charger

Xorn: Minor

Zombie (various sizes)

* Non SRD monster, requires permission from Wizards of the Coast to use.

ANIMALS

Ape

Baboon

Bat

Bear: black, brown, polar

Boar

Camel

Cheetah

Crocodile and Giant Croc

Dog and (Riding Dog)

Donkey

Eagle

Elephant Hawk

Horse, Light, Heavy, Light War, Heavy War

Hyena

Leopard

Lion

Lizard, Monitor

Manta Ray

Monkey

Mule

Octopus

Owl

Pony and War Pony

Raven

Rhino

Snake, Constrictor

Toad

Weasel

Whale, Balen

Cachalot Whale

Wolf

Wolverine

VERMIN

Ant

Bee

Bombadier Beetle

Fire Beetle

Stag Beetle

Praying mantis

Wasp

This is almost a complete list I have to go find which sizes are missing for lthings like Animated objects, Elementals, Skeletons and Zomibes are missing, I will get around to it in a day or too.

Yet again, it shows how bad the design for region A was. When there were so many animals, monsters and vermin available no monster needed to be repeated.

I would like to know if any GM has added these creatures to their adventrues and if so to post them here in WLD room format.

I have decided I am going to use them as Event or Random Encoutners rather than in specific rooms within my game but if you do have a room it would be cool. Though I may add the animals to my Region A encoutners

Once creature I could not find was the Phase spider? Am I just nuts or is this creature actually missing?

*Edit: Enworld is down so I will link this later

** Edit: A mutated orca and a fiendish orca apear in the WLD

Rich
    • Bullywug

It is true that certain things are not in the WLD due to the fact that AEG could only include “Every Creature in the SRD” since some stuff is copyright Wizards and thus has to be left out of any OGL product by law.

So possibly Phase Spider is one of them?!?

As for adding extras it can ceratinly add variation to the slightly dull areas: area A and the many many darkmantles. I added some stuff with the portals as it seemed logical.

Look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Rich 8)

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Is the Tarrasque really somewhere in the WLD, as Hal hinted (joked?)?

Rich
    • Bullywug

*LOOK MORE SPOILERY GOODNESS*

Yup The Mighty Tarrasque is indeed in the dungeon, had to be for AEG to keep there promise!

And not as late on as you’d think 😀 😉

Rich

Quillion
    • Flumph

No Phase Spider is in the SRD, I am tinking this is one of those they considered as we have spiders we don’t need phase spiders (though I disagree)

Here is a creature I intend to use as a random encounter in the Region A.

A Fiendish Miniture Triceratops, has also escaped from the extradimensional prision, it has to follow in the wake of other fiendish creatures who can open doors, formally a herbivore it’s fiendish nature has transformed it into an omnivore and placed it in a constant state of hostility. It has recently caught the scent of the PC’s and is following them.

FIENDISH MINITURE TRICERATOPS

Tiny Magical Beast (Augmented Animal)

Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (26 hp)

Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)

Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares)

Armor Class: 21 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 18

Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-7

Attack: Gore +3 melee (1d10 -2)

Full Attack: Gore +3 melee (1d10 -2)

Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.

Special Attacks: Powerful charge (2d10-4), smite good (+4), trample 2d8-2

Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5/magic, Darkvision 60-ft, low-light vision, resistance to cold and fire 5, scent, spell resistance 9

Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2

Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7

Skills: Hide +11, Listen +7, Spot +7, Survival +1

Feats: Alertness,Great Fortitude

Environment: Temperate plains

Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Herd (5-20)

Challenge Rating: 3

Treasure: None

Alignment: Always neutral

Advancement: 5-8 HD (Tiny); 9-12 HD (Small)

Level Adjustment:

This strange looking lizardis about the size of a large house cat, looking very stocky and durable, it reminds you of a very small triceratops except it’s horns are wickedly barbed and it’s hide is splashes of scarlet and black, Its eyes glow a bright crimson.

Combat

These creatures are likely to charge and skewer any creature of at least fine size that infringes on their territory. A triceratops uses its trample attack on smaller opponents.

Powerful Charge (Ex): When a triceratops charges, its gore attack deals 2d10-4 points of damage.

Trample (Ex): Reflex half DC 10. The save DC is Strength-based

Miniture creature template from Advanced Bestiary by Matthew Sernett

Next time Feral Fiendish Wyrmling Brass Dragon

Quillion
    • Flumph

The origins of this wyrmling are lost in the 5,000 year history of the dungeon, most believe the egg was kept in stasis for some reason, but now Takhonath Hellfrang is free, Free to grow into a terrible engine of destruction. He curretly lairs in the corridors that link region A and B and keep both sides from entering the other.

Takhonath Hellfang

FIENDISH FERAL WYRMLING BRASS DRAGON

Tiny Dragon (Extraplanar, Fire)

Hit Dice: 4d12+12 (38 hp)

Initiative: +0

Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 130 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft. (6 squares)

Armor Class: 13 (+2 size, +1 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13

Base Attack/Grapple: +4/-2

Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d3 +2)

Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d3 +2) and 2 claws +3 melee (1d2 +1)

Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.

Special Attacks: Breath weapon, smite good (+4)

Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5/magic, Blindsense, darkvision 60ft., Immunity to fire, resitance to cold 5, keen senses, low-light vision, Vulnerability to cold

Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2

Abilities: Str 15, Dex 10, Con 17, Int 3, Wis 7, Cha 10

Skills: Hide +8, Listen +7, Spot +7

Feats: Alertness,Weapon Focus(Bite)

Environment: Warm deserts

Organization: Solitary

Challenge Rating: 4

Treasure: None

Alignment: Always neutral

Advancement: 5-8 HD (Tiny); 9-12 HD (Small)

Level Adjustment:

Breath Weapon (Su): A brass dragon has two types of breath weapon, a line of fire 30ft long Ref half (DC 15) 1d6 and a cone of sleep 15ft long. Creatures within the cone must succeed on a Will save (DC 15) or fall asleep for 1d6 rounds, regardless of HD.

Feral dragon template from Advanced Bestiary by Matthew Sernett

Nyarlathotep
    • Commoner

Doh! If only I had these stat blocks when my group was running through region A! Ah well, I’ll just have to use it if they ever backtrack to region A to get to E… although I suspect they will end up running through region F and getting totally lost in the Maze.

Have you started running your group through WLD yet Quillion? If so how far have they made it into the dungeon?

Quillion
    • Flumph

“Doh! If only I had these stat blocks when my group was running through region A! Ah well, I’ll just have to use it if they ever backtrack to region A to get to E… “

If you want I can easily use my stat calculator to make a good CR equal to the party, just let me know if you want to use one of them.

“although I suspect they will end up running through region F and getting totally lost in the Maze.”

Yeah, that is going to be entertaining to map, I have one player who is all about mapping out the dungeon, (I considering offering some bonus exp per new room mapped, though I am also considering action points)

“Have you started running your group through WLD yet Quillion?”

Now we just finsihed with Banewarrens, so my first WLD game will be on not this tuesday but the following tuesday (I only game every other tuesday, due to work and other concerns)

I have set it in a northern part of the realms, north of the Citadel of the Raven, in a namless section of mountains.

The party will be evil and will start out in a dungeons of Zhentil keep, they are set to be executed. They are offered a pardon by three different Npc’s if they agree to the job. One is Manshoon the other is Fzoul and the Last is a custom NPC I have who has been just been granted a Count-Palintine over the northern reaches by Fzoul but not the power to enforce his rule.

Longtail is a renegade Zhentirium and former apprentice to Manshoon.

-Manshoon’s plan is to clone the party and have their clones executed in thier place (the clones will also allow for the return of dead party members) Manshoon wants Longtail punished and to find out why his apprentice betrayed him.

-Fzoul’s plan is if they refuse everyone elses offer he will geas them into complying, Fzoul is concered about Omens from Bane that thier is a threat to the north that could destory the Citadel of the Raven.

-The Count-Palintine of the North is an akashic from Monte Cook’s Arcana Evolved, he knows the history of the WLD and that is why he sought and excepted the posistion he is atttempting to use the party to create allies for himself, his abiltiy makes for unique encoutners and communication. as he can create memories of himself with the PC’s mind.

We will see which path they take.

Wellard
    • Orc

I have decided to place the WLD in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy(soon to be available from NG) somewhere to the west of the far fabled City State of the Invincible Overlord. To make things even more interesting the characters will have to start out as NPC classes(Warrior,Expert etc) as they are the survivors of a raid on their village by Longtail. This should keep the power level of the party comensurate with AEGs suggested advancement rate whilst giving them a greater challenge

Quillion
    • Flumph

This creature is a stragler in the raiding of Region A, since it cannot open and close doors on it’s own.

FIENDISH WOLVERINE

medium magical beast

Hit Dice: 3d8+15 (28 hp) [rage]

Initiative: +2

Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), burrow 10 ft., climb 10 ft.

Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12 [rage]

Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4 (+6)

Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d4+2) [rage]

Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d4+2) and bite –1 melee (1d6+1) [rage]

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.

Special Attacks: Rage, smite good (+3)

Special Qualities: Darkvision, Low-light vision, resistacne to fire and cold 5, scent, spell resistance 8

Saves: Fort +7 (+9), Ref +5, Will +2

Abilities: Str 14 (18), Dex 15, Con 19 (23), Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10

Skills: Climb +10 (+12), Listen +6, Spot +6

Feats: Alertness, Toughness, TrackB

Environment: Cold forests

Organization: Solitary

Challenge Rating: 2

Advancement: 4–5 HD (Large)

Level Adjustment: —

These creature ais similar to a badger but are bigger, stronger, and even more ferocious, it has deep-black red fur with two small horns coming out of it’s head it’s eyes glow a fiendish red.

COMBAT

Rage (Ex): A wolverine that takes damage in combat flies into a berserk rage on its next turn, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. It gains +4 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, and –2 to Armor Class. The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily.

Skills: Wolverines have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.