Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon How many GAMING SESSIONS will it take to finish the WLD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I thought this would be a fun poll question. This poll covers how many gaming sessions will be required. Currently they’ve had 25 games. Remember they’ve been at it for 1 year real calendar time, 25 sessions, ~75 real hours and who knows how much game time. I’ll post one for real calendar time and game time as well.

Here is the same poll for game time

https://www.rpgmp3.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4111#4111

and for game time

https://www.rpgmp3.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4110#4110

Salubrai
    • Succubus

When will Enoa4 escape the world of Hythum?

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Never. It is my… DESTINY.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Does that mean we will see another Hythum module featuring more fun with WLD characters?

Or perhaps a novelisation of the fine Hythum background fiction?

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Meh, I voted for 18-25 because I think they may just be that good, but my brain tells me about 40, the way they are going right now, as best as I can figure out.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m going to convert the WLD for NWN.

Nah… I’m not that crazy.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

That would be the coolest mod ever. DO IT!!!

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I don’t think the design nature of NWN would allow for it. WLD is just too BLOODY big, and has design features which cannot be represented in NWN – and used just far too often. Plus, WLD has all the monsters. NWN doesn’t have the fiendish template, nor does it even have “black roof squids”, as so eloquently put by Fin.

Plus, by the time he’d finished, he would need to convert it for Neverwinter Nights III. 🙂

Realistically though, NWN II is not all that far off – and the toolsets between the sequel and prequel – I hear, are totally incompatible. So if someone’s planning to make a big NWN game I would recommend waiting for II.

Tharus: Right, we’ll get in close to this Earwax chap….

Balazaar: Aye!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

You could do it in sections and people could import their characters from each section into the next!

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:
    You could do it in sections and people could import their characters from each section into the next!

I’d have to. You can make cut scenes in NWN too. I toyed with the idea of re-creating bits of WLD with the rpgmp3 characters. I could splice up and drop in the audio. I don’t really have time to do this, but I thought it would be pretty entertaining.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

That would be highly entertaining. You could make a visual track to go along with the audio.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Perhaps the battle with a blind fireball flinging dwarf and and every shrinking halfling, although I have no idea how I’d shrink her on screen.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

You could make a semi-comedy module called “Highlights of the World’s Largest Dungeon, brought to you by RPGMP3”, and have sort of “a scene per audio session”, so to speak, allowing for variation or actually following the original storyline, and package it with the audios. Or well… make the audios an optional download. So after people listen to Session 1, they can go back and actually PLAY a fun scene from Session 1 (obviously not the whole Area). Maybe make each scene a separate module packaged with a downbitrated version of the audio for space sake- then you’d have a 25 part series… oooooH.

You’d be a star on Nwvault. 🙂

Oh, and I was thinking – in order to allow for variation in each “episode”, you can include a correctly leveled character for that session. So in Session Scene 1, the player could be Gerout, in Session Scene 2 you could be Feylin, and so on. Bastion goes 4th, as he’d be the toughest to start on, and then you just rotate, or choose the best character from that particular “episode”

Again, I’m not saying do the whole session – just a fun interactive scene based on each individual audio session. I only wish I were a reasonably good nwn author – I might just do it.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

This idea has great merit. I see it going far.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

You could even have “unreliable narrators”, like Balazaar. He’d interpret the world through his warped lens in each session he was in, and Feylin would see all animals as potential pets.

And you might even get to play a scene as an unusual character, like Drusilla or Bragdor….. ok…. maybe not BRAGDOR.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.