Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Hero System in TWO pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Yes, that’s right. Hero System in TWO pages! At its heart it’s a really simple system to play and as flexible as you want to make it.

So if you want the lowdown on what the legendary Hero System is all about, check this out!

Please take a look and post back what you think. 8)

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

It’s brilliant!

Thanks for your HERO-vangelism in pointing it out. 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I love HERO System – it is super flexible and lovely.

If you want to listen to some of it, it is the system I used for A Jolly Proper Adventure 🙂

Like Rolemaster it is pretty rules heavy but in that you have the ability to be very agile as a GM especially if you use the rules instead of letting the rules use you 🙂

Nice summary – love it…

Hal :hal:

bodhranist
    • Orc

So is there a different set of recordings than GURPS: A Jolly Proper Adventure Session 00?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh no – crap – my mistake 🙂

Not thinking this morning apparently. No – thats GURPS not HERO System though.

(facepalm)

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Hal wrote:
    No – thats GURPS not HERO System though.

GURPS and HERO do have many similarities, though. 🙂

I used HERO for our “Extreme Minority” game which you can find here. Also, I should shortly have our Champions (HERO System supers) games uploaded to the main site. 😀

bodhranist
    • Orc

Darn, I was hoping there was more Jolly Proper Adventure I hadn’t listened to yet. Oh well.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

For those of us who wish to compare HERO with GURPS Steve Jackson Games have the

Ultra Lite two page rules summary version of their rules available online – although you will have to create an account in their shop to get at it.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    ThistledownJohn wrote:
    Hal wrote:

I should shortly have our Champions (HERO System supers) games uploaded to the main site. 😀

Are you planning on following Hal’s example and turning your game into a video podcast? People demand to see grizzled gaming grognards in tight-fitting Wonder Woman costumes! That’ll swell your audience numbers into quadruple digits, no doubt about it. 😉

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    ThistledownJohn wrote:
    Hal wrote:

I should shortly have our Champions (HERO System supers) games uploaded to the main site. 😀

Are you planning on following Hal’s example and turning your game into a video podcast? People demand to see grizzled gaming grognards in tight-fitting Wonder Woman costumes! That’ll swell your audience numbers into quadruple digits, no doubt about it. 😉

We tried. YouTube said it was too disturbing. 🙂

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

That new twitter video uploader seems quite understanding if people want to post more risqué material… Perhaps you should upload the footage there? 😉

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Jomster wrote:
    That new twitter video uploader seems quite understanding if people want to post more risqué material… Perhaps you should upload the footage there? 😉

I think it’s better for all Humanity if I just keep it locked in the vault…with retina scan security…and armed guards…and a grumpy three-headed dog. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.