Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Introductions Hello from Champaign, IL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi,

I’ve been listening to the Worlds Largest Dungeon while programming at work. It’s been a number of years since I’ve had time to play D&D but it takes me back and I’ve got the itch play again.

I am an Information

Technology Manager in Champaign, IL and am 34 years old. I’ve played D&D and other RPGs since 1979. Most of my recent gaming efforts have been restricted to computer games, and Neverwinter Nights has allowed me to get a D&D fix recently although it’s more of ‘video game’ than it is ‘D&D’.

Great stuff on this site. I’m really enjoying it. Keep it coming.

ENoa4

Demonix
    • Orc

Welcome to the site 😀

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Welcome. =)

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks. The audio is great. The game has been both engaging and interesting to listen to, but it’s funny. Funny in that the same odd discussions about refreshments, beverages, incoming phone calls go in every D&D game everywhere.

It’s not just the role play, but the other non-roleplaying elements as well that bring me back to the old days. I was surprised how much it made me miss playing.

ENoa4

enoa42001@yahoo.com

http://enoa.rpgs.sytes.net/

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Indeed welcome! – and thanks for the most kind words.

Champaign as in Urbana-Champaign? Home of the NCSA and MOSAIC? I was there back in the mid 90’s – lovely place!

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hey hey! Look at that it’s Balazaar The Wizard himself.

You’ve got it right. Champaign, IL is the home of NCSA and MOSAIC. I’ve been in Champaign since 1985. I’m not sure from your last post if you meant you were in Champaign, or in Champaign at NCSA. If you were at NCSA, did you know John Pixton. He was there at that time working on a project called ‘CRUMBS’ in the Virtual Reality Cave and various other NCSA projects. He was a member of my gaming group from 89-92.

I’m a U of I allumni myself, graduated in 1992 with a degree in Music Education and now I work with computer as an Information Technology guy. Go figure. 😆

I’m looking forward to listening to more of WLD, it sounds like you are all really enjoying the game, and the Mountain Dew.

Good luck with your future sessions.

I just added a link to this site, from my own RPG web site.

ENoa4

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Cheers ENoa4,

I was at the University/NCSA itself for a convention back then and the VR Cave was great, sorry I didn’t get a chance to bump into John Pixton!

Prior to that I lived in the city of Brotherly Love 91-92. 🙂

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in Champaign. It’s a nice little city lost in an endless sea of corn and soybeans. (there is nothing else out here)

😆

ENoa4

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.