Forums Non-Gaming Chat Fun Stuff Grumpy GM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Saw this online and thought it was funny 🙂 Nice to see gaming in popular culture.

1098178_498251790261218_1147021158_n.jpg

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

tumblr_nnwb1e4e8B1sh3952o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nnwb1e4e8B1sh3952o4_500.jpg

Not another Rats-In-Basement quest!

PS: Since the image link Hal posted seems to have decayed, here’s a new one cat.jpg to the same Grumpy GM picture, for anyone who missed it the first time.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Did we stop shaming people for thread necromancy? Is it okay because it’s Pencil-Monkey?

I miss traditions/

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I think any life on the forums, even undead abominations that shamble along in a mockery of living, are looked on as better than silence now.

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Did we stop shaming people for thread necromancy?

I’ve never understood why thread necromancy was supposedly such a heinous forum crime. Is it really that much better to start a new thread, rather than contributing to an old one? In the latter case, there’s a chance that, even if the people reading the thread have no interest in the new post, they decide to comment on some of the earlier content in the thread. Wouldn’t it be nice to suddenly discover a really great (but old) thread that you’d somehow missed, rather than never knowing it existed?

…And now that you’re doubtlessly all nodding along in agreement, try going back and read that paragraph one more time, but this time read it as an argument in favor of actual necromancy, with all references to “forums” and “threads” replaced by “cemetaries” and “corpses”. It might come in handy, next time the party’s Paladin decides to crack down on your South-of-True-Neutral wizard PC. 😛

Is it okay because it’s Pencil-Monkey?

Absolutely! In fact, Hal should just issue a blanket pardon for any and all felonies silly jokes that I might make, have made, or ever will make in any alternate universe. 😉 After all, when something is done by a monkey, it must be hilarious!

I think any life on the forums, even undead abominations that shamble along in a mockery of living, are looked on as better than silence now.

ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

That seems playable

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

That seems playable

I agree.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Twyst
    • Bullywug

Wouldn’t it be nice to suddenly discover a really great (but old) thread that you’d somehow missed, rather than never knowing it existed?

No.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Twyst wins!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.