Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

How much damage is dealt when grappling unarmed?

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Um, if you can, I’m not sure about that, it would be 1d3+str for medium size cretures, and 1d2+ str for small. Thats normal unarmed damage for nonmonky people. It would be subdual unless you take a -4 to the attack roll to make it real damage.

If you have spiked armor, its 1d6.

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

sorry my brains are not working right, what is a d2 or d3? I have used a d4 and higher but have never seen the smaller?

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

A d2 is any dice working with halves, or even flipping a coin (usually something like 1-3 = 1 and 4-6 = 2 on a d6.

A d3 is rolling a d6 and halving the result, rounding up, ie 1-2 = 1, 3-4 = 2 and 5-6 = 3.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:
    Um, if you can, I’m not sure about that, it would be 1d3+str for medium size cretures, and 1d2+ str for small. Thats normal unarmed damage for nonmonky people. It would be subdual unless you take a -4 to the attack roll to make it real damage.

If you have spiked armor, its 1d6.

What if you have nasty breath? What kind of rolls can you make for headbutts? 😛 Or headbutts while wearing a helm of fireballs? (don’t hit it too hard there mate!)

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Heehehehe, Balazaars grapple cehck is plus 5 for “Halitosis”

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Balazaar is more likely to make them smell his finger. The one that was in the poo hole.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Or Kodo.

Kodo, Wizard merkin and Kobold poo-hole brush.

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

OK, who gave mch sugar

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I’ve got a natural sugar high for the next 20 years!!! Mountain dew man! Its tha sh*t! Even absorbs laserlight.

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

try mixing it with vodka… makes me chatty

SteveB
    • Orc

I do believe that if you succeed in a grapple check, you can use any tiny weapon to deal damage (so long as it was in your hand when you entered the grapple). Natural weapons are considered tiny for this purpose.

The only way to deal non-subdual damage with a standard punch/kick/headbutt is if you are a monk, wearing gauntlets or have a natural attack that causes real damage (like claws, etc.).

Armour spike also work, but not sure what the mechanic is atm, as my reference material is at Hal’s house 😀

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Perfect Steve! Thank you

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Steve, you ROCK. I was just joking about the headbutts, but you have so much D&D data in that noggin, you made even my joke make sense. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Save My Game!’ is closed to new topics and replies.