Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: FTL Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 28 Oct 2013

File Category: One Offs and Shorts

Genre: Sci-Fi

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Twenty years in the future, humanity continues to ravage its homeland. No one really minds, however, thanks to their Goog-o-Glass specs and Wind-o-Matic contact lenses that give them twenty-four hour global access to celebrity gossip, entertainment channels and cute pictures of cats.

Five inhabitants of mid-twenty-first century Britain are surprised and excited to be contacted by the legendary Max Maximus, and informed that they are the lucky winners of a competition… a competition that none of them can remember entering…

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result.

Starring:

Mark as Joe Stringer, Forestry Commissioner

Nick as Colin Sharp, TV Weatherman

Jason as the Master of the Game

Click here to download this file

thad
    • Thri-kreen

Any Max in a Whartson Hall game should be Max Jollity. And Max Jollity should be in all Whartson Hall games…

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I did have to keep on doing a double take when there was a Max present without the wit and wisdom of the aforementioned Jollity. Really enjoyed this session, especially the problems with the door

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Any Max in a Whartson Hall game should be Max Jollity. And Max Jollity should be in all Whartson Hall games…

Best. Post. Ever. *wipes tear from eye*

lordof1
    • Orc

Best. Post. Ever. *wipes tear from eye*

Yes, also feeling a bit tearful here…

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Just doing my job, reclaiming the NPC name Max for all WHG GMs everywhere… A bold move, I know… 😉

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

If I join this game I’m definitely coming in as Jollity 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Pugwash+-+Jollity+-+2005.jpg

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Wonderful though Pugwash are (Giddy is a great place to start if you don’t have any of their albums), our Max actually got his name because of this song.

My word, have we wandered off topic slightly?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

After BJB is forced to leave, having had time to make only 0.7 snarky remarks:

Jomster: “Don’t worry, the fact that there’s only two players means that I’ll be 50 percent faster killing you.” Monk_Emote___Mwahaha_by_Kitrakaya.gif

Don’t you mean that it will take 50% less time? Your killing-PCs-velocity will be the same, but there will be fewer victims players to go through, hence: the duration will decrease, but not the speed.

It’s very important to keep your numbers straight, when you’re wearing the Killer GM hat. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Re: Weatherman as a super hero name;

DC Comics had a supervillain called the Weather Wizard, who was seemingly renamed Weatherman in a pilot episode of a Justice League TV show.

There’s been several Weathermen in Marvel comics.

854803.jpg

Fittingly, Stormwatch comics have also had a couple of Weathermen.

hB998278E.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_6MnMs5sY

However, it appears that there’s never been a superhero called The Veterinarian (or Hertfordshire Man, for that matter). 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Regarding your literary discussion at the end, it might have been a Frederik Pohl story.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Nick as Colin Sharp, TV Weatherman

*Slow dawning sensation* Oh dear… Colin Sharp? Really? facepalm_by_emotikai-d4ynxrh.gif

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Jomster: “Don’t worry, the fact that there’s only two players means that I’ll be 50 percent faster killing you.” Monk_Emote___Mwahaha_by_Kitrakaya.gif

Don’t you mean that it will take 50% less time? Your killing-PCs-velocity will be the same, but there will be fewer victims players to go through, hence: the duration will decrease, but not the speed.

It’s very important to keep your numbers straight, when you’re wearing the Killer GM hat. 🙂

Thinking about it, wouldn’t a GM be 33% faster killing off 2 players rather than 3? #mathsgod #notreally

lordof1
    • Orc

Depends whether they die all together or individually, of course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.