Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Favorite cRPG of all time?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shug
    • Orc

Lots of talk on the board lately regarding WoW, NWN and compy RPG, so I figured I’d throw this one out there…

… not sure if it’s popped up before, so timeline me if it has…

What is your all-time-favorite computer role-playing game?

You get one choice; no lists, no top 3s. One. The one you would take with you on the proverbial desert island. I’ll be magnanimous and allow console games and action-cRPGs like Fable or Legend of Mana.

For me? I’m going to have to say Morrowind. While not completely my fave content/style-wise (I usually go for cliche Medieval settings, and this tends towards alien/strange), the open-endedness and character customization is unparalleled… it’s almost like Sims for RPG.

I haven’t played earlier Elder Scroll games, so maybe Daggerfall would oust Morrowind if I got my hands on it (Daggerfall is classic fantasy style, same game mechanics)… and a workmate contends that Planescape is going to be the new king once I get around to playing it, but I think Morrowind is pretty comfortable on the throne until Oblivion comes out.

I have about a zillion honourable mentions, but I’ll leave them to you guys to mention, because they’re pretty predictable choices…

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

FALLOUT 2

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

[edited in response to Mchvli’s speedy posting]

Initially I voted Fallout 2 because I expected Shathis to mention PS:T for me, but now I don’t have to. So.

Planescape: Torment. ‘Nuff said.

brothink.gif

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Ultima VII, and Ultima VII Part Two.

Because for their time, DAMN. Amazing.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Shug wrote:

For me? I’m going to have to say Morrowind. While not completely my fave content/style-wise (I usually go for cliche Medieval settings, and this tends towards alien/strange), the open-endedness and character customization is unparalleled… it’s almost like Sims for RPG.

Hold out until the end of November and you’ll have Morrowind’s sequel, Oblivion, to play. It’s looking… well, DARN good. hopefully it will inject some much-needed personality into the Elder Scrolls world. The gaming element was great, it just lacked “feeling”

http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/detai … ew-footage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.