Forums Gaming Chat Other Gaming Essen SPIEL!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

The wonderland of Euro boardgames is almost upon us! People are coming from all over to premier their new stuff. Rpgs are less heavily represented, but I know that Flying Buffalo Inc, Grey Ghost Press, Pegasus, Chessex and Cubicle 7 will be there.

So will I. 

Anyone else going?

Trizophenie
    • Flumph

Me, probably. As long as I can get at least one of my friends to share the train cost!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I was discussing this only moments ago. Seriously considering booking for next year.

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

It comes highly recommended. 🙂

If you see a fat guy with glasses and beard, that’s me.  :ph34r:

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

After long hours in the claws of Deutsche Bahn, I give you:

Towards a dictionary of words and phrases for the foreign traveler on German trains, and in German train stations.

5 Minuten Verspätung: Time is an illusion. The truth is a chasm.

Brezel: A large, misspelled pretzel. Vaguely nourishing.

EinzelTicket: We pass this way but once.

Essen Hauptbahnhof: A marvel of lights, commerce and humanity in motion. An elaborate mirage of Dunkin Donuts and Subways for which you will never have time.

Fahrkarte: The straw to which you must cling. The road map to your destination. Also a document of dubious authority.

Gleis: A raised horizontal surface on which to drink Lift (see: Lift) and feel ennui beating your psyche like an incontinent poodle.

Hamburg Hauptbahnhof: An acoustic space where no sound is ever lost, thus no missive may be accurately understood.

Lautsprecherdurchsage: Disembodied metallic voices. Their source or truthfulness is impossible to ascertain. 

Lift: The apples of Iðunn, tempered by a bit of fizzy water.

Pünktlichkeit: The idea that things happen when they happen.

Reservierung: The thought that, somewhere, there is a place for you. A frankly childish notion which is best abandoned.

Wagenreihungsplan: An anatomical model of the great beast in whose stomach we hope to one day sit.

Wir wünschen Ihnen eine angenehme Reise: The hope that things will improve. Blessed are those who believe and have not seen.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

https://twitter.com/devoreur/status/652206038255599620

Lift: The apples of Iðunn, tempered by a bit of fizzy water.

Did you enjoy a lovely currywurst with that? 🙂

150227115422-currywurst-museum14-c-curry

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Heh, no I missed out there. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other Gaming’ is closed to new topics and replies.