Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quillion
    • Flumph

My players like to play epic level, I am slowly (very slowly) working on a Epic level region of the WLD I plan to make it Level 21-23 with 100 rooms.

My current thought is a section that is much more difficult to reach.

You have to travel under the river of lava to a section off the map, the area does not have the mephits so it is filled with toxic gases.

This section is a true dungeon and was designed by the god of vengance and the goddess of torment, I am working from a prospect that this area is still in use.

These two gods activlly support this region and that there is an active relgious order that guards this section (expect one ior two abominations to be imprissioned here)

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

cool. I like epic level too, though I think that the epic level handbook is dumb in terms of the way it works bonuses. I work the bonuses by continuing PH trends, but I use the epic level handbook for epic level spells, items, and feats.

I can still remember a 30th level pc Fighter, with the race of titan. That was beastly, until the 200 hd prismatic dragon got to him. Mwahahahahahahahaha! Epic level is much fun.

McMouse
    • Commoner

Question- Why can’t PC’s just teleport out of the dungeon? -Especially- at Epic levels, you’d think it would be trivial for them to just.. leave.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    McMouse wrote:
    Question- Why can’t PC’s just teleport out of the dungeon? -Especially- at Epic levels, you’d think it would be trivial for them to just.. leave.

Because you make teleport wards . . . you can do that you know. Let them teleport to other parts of the dungeon, but if they try teleporting out, have them end up foghting two big red dagrons.

Quillion
    • Flumph
    Quote:

Because you make teleport wards . . . you can do that you know. Let them teleport to other parts of the dungeon, but if they try teleporting out, have them end up foghting two big red dagrons.

Teleporting is an issue I do plan to address there are a number of ways to deal with teleport. One is simply to move the plane that the dungeon exists on. You cannot teleport between planes. Onther is to make permanent dimensional locks, but both of these involve issues of banning a good spell that players should be able to use. One I believe in outer barriers that require command words to bypass.

I also think thatt within the dungeon itself a high level encounter should require the use of teleport, not simply ban it’s use (anything else is lazy design).

I beleive more in dimensional anchor than dimensional lock. when dealing with parties lock one personl. If the players leave him behind well they have no one to blame but themselves.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.