Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Gaming Aids Elemental Evil Player's Guide – Free Download

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

There’s a shiny new free download available from Wizards: the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion as a 25 page pdf, allowing players to become both elemental and evil! 😉

You can now pick exciting new (old) races like Aarakocras – @[member=”Nick T. Vegan”] will probably want to play one of these, if only so he can pronounce it with a “cock” in it – Svirfneblins, Goliaths, and four flavors of Genasi.

There are also new spells, such as Skywrite, that will let your Bard become… well, a skywriter. Respectable career choice, all round. 😛 Oh, and it also includes such beloved classics as Melf’s Minute Meteors, Snilloc’s Snowball Swarm and Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting.

Header_PotA_Players.jpg

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Is this the beginning of the bloat for 5e I wonder? New races and spells abound 🙂

Still getting the adventure however 😛 I am really liking 5e from a DM perspective…

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

If they’re planning on “converting” even a fraction of their archive of spells, monsters, races, classes, doohickeys and whatnots from previous editions, that’s quite a bit of bloat, without adding any truly new material to the game.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

“Aarakocra” sounds rather close to failed automobile executive Lee “Iacocca”….

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

On a related note, has anyone participated in the Elemental Evil campaign’s Creature Competition, or the “Design your own Elemental-flavored magic trinket” contest?

Sênstaku
    • Bullywug

So, I’m really loving all the free downloads they’re doing for players – really makes it easy to keep up to date on all the information available, without having to buy a half-dozen books. 

In addition to this, they recently released an article talking about customizing classes and creating entirely new options, and demonstrated it by showing us how to make a Spellcasting-less Ranger, and creating an entirly new option for the Sorcerer class – the Favored Soul – which I quite liked. Technically you could also count that as a Mystic Theurge, though with a far more limited spell range.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I saw the article on customizing classes – I suspect it is the prelude to the inevitable splat books 🙂

Ooooh – huge clicky sig buttons that take me to Twitch things 🙂 We looked at Twitch for a quick minute for our online games but it seemed spendy and complicated…

Hal :hal:

Sênstaku
    • Bullywug

I’m looking forward to the splat books, I’ve been really enjoying 5th edition. I’ve created some 22 character sheets on Myth Weavers just because I enjoy the character creation process so much, and have way too many character ideas.

As to Twitch, it can be, but the only thing I spend anything on is my Xplit subscription, and that’s only because I use the professional grade software not the free version. There’s plenty of ways to do it for free.

I’m bad at coming up with clever things to put in my signature, so shameless self-promotion seemed a good route to go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.