Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Telemergion
    • Owlbear

A couple sessions ago I did my best to kill at least one party member with a white dragon. Everyone was super scared and it got pretty dicey for a bit. I managed to drop a few people down to 0, though there was a healer running around picking them up so that everyone survived.

Tonight they face a green dragon and up to about 20 dudes, including some ettins and a boss elf guy, and I can make the lair entangle them. I often joke that I want to outright kill a party member because I’ve never done it before, but tonight I am actually super concerned that I’m about to wipe them out completely.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I found it hard to knock the party down to a point where a character might die when we played Phandelver. There were times when characters dropped but I think the system is pretty kind of character death.

Hal :hal:

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I found it hard to knock the party down to a point where a character might die when we played Phandelver.

My experience as well. One character kept getting stamped on by dragons and even then survived and recovered absurdly quickly. A mistake, I think, in an edition which otherwise had much going for it.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I don’t mind it to be honest – it is nice to have some safety net there. If a party member goes down in a fight the rest of the party have to either rush to help, hope they manage their saves and stabilize or hope they can finish the fight before they die.

It also encourages the DM to look at coup de grace on felled foes a little more.

Really like 5e to be honest. Feels like roleplaying again rather than being ridden by the system…

Hal :hal:

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Is the 5e barbarian wearing a waistcoat?

I suppose lack of civilisation is no excuse not to look fabulous!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Is the 5e barbarian wearing a waistcoat?

I suppose lack of civilisation is no excuse not to look fabulous!

tumblr_n0fso0bACm1r5yty8o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n0fso0bACm1r5yty8o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n0fso0bACm1r5yty8o3_1280.jpg

thad
    • Thri-kreen

Anyone thinking Conina?  😉

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

There’s an interesting piece on playing a year of 5th edition over at The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.