Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Well, it had to happen eventually. We have finally clawed our way into double figures with the World’s Largest Dungeon Audio Review. Thats somewhere near 30 hours of roleplaying audio. That has to be some kind of record 😛

I must say that I have enjoyed running every minute of it and I hope the players enjoy it to. Obviously, it is totally unscripted, but it also appears from the regularity of downloads and the responses we get that you also enjoy listening to it as well. Either on MP3 players or streaming over the net.

At this point we would love to hear from you all again. Let us know what you think of the WLD Audio Review and what you like and dislike. Let us know how you listen to it. Do you use the Podcast to download the file, or just stream it, or manually download it.

Basically I am just being nosey 😛

Anyway, hope you have enjoyed the adventure so far. Glad you are with us.

Hal 🙄

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Double digits! Way to go! =)

For how to download… I tend to collect things, so I do manual downloads and save the files… still waiting to get enough material to have a burned cd labeled “RPGMP3 – WLD – Disc 1”.

As for likes and dislikes… I can’t really find any dislikes… the stuff is always fun to listen to – you recognise things that seem somehow universal for gaming groups, pick ideas up, learn lots of new and interesting (and sometimes/often not even existing) accents… =P

It also does work great at giving a review – personally, having played mainly Swedish RPGs, I have little to no experience with for example Call of Cthulhu (have the book now) or AD&D, and listening to people play over an extended period of time (like WLD) really gives you a good feel of the game system. I feel pretty much like after listening to a few sessions of WLD (and even Haunting and Unseen Masters), I at least know enough to be able to sit down and take part in a game, knowing the rules well enough without even touching the books.

Plus there’s of course always the gamer humour…

Well, I think that’s enough rambling for me… my Session 10 downloads are ready (subway is too noisy, so I’ll listen to them on the computer later) and my gaming group is a-waitin’.

Session 10 came out just in time for my birthday too (on Sunday) =)

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Hal wrote:
    Well, it had to happen eventually. We have finally clawed our way into double figures with the World’s Largest Dungeon Audio Review. Thats somewhere near 30 hours of roleplaying audio. That has to be some kind of record 😛

Until I get my webmaster to figure out how to get all our old tapes uploaded like you are doing it, yes, it must be some kind of record!

Quote:
    I must say that I have enjoyed running every minute of it and I hope the players enjoy it to. Obviously, it is totally unscripted, but it also appears from the regularity of downloads and the responses we get that you also enjoy listening to it as well. Either on MP3 players or streaming over the net.

In this old DM’s opinion, your game sounds every bit as fun as anything we do, although you guys curse a lot less than we do. I enjoy listening.

Quote:
    At this point we would love to hear from you all again. Let us know what you think of the WLD Audio Review and what you like and dislike. Let us know how you listen to it. Do you use the Podcast to download the file, or just stream it, or manually download it.

Suggestion, at the beginning you have the musical introduction, why not add 5 seconds of each person introducing themselves, in character?

I d/l the file, then put the file to audio tape, then listen to the game while I work. I work overnights as a manager in a grocery store. I can listen to the radio or whatever after the store closes at midnight. Then I pop on the headphones and listen to mortality radio, sports talk radio, your games, my old games (to review and plan strategies for the next gaming session).

Quote:
    Basically I am just being nosey 😛

I thought you were being British? 😛 Just kidding, bloke. 😆

Quote:
    Anyway, hope you have enjoyed the adventure so far. Glad you are with us.

Hal 🙄

Heck yeah, it’s free entertainment and it’s always nice to hear the British accents. I always laugh when Feylin says, “I attack the darkness,” because I know where that came from. It’s a classic.

HisDivineShadow
    • Orc

I’m enjoying listening to it just how it is at the moment – no need to really change anything! It’s really quite natural to listen to. 🙂

However, I like the previous poster’s idea about having each character introduce themselves (in character) at the start of the recording. (They’d only have to record it the once, of course!)

Also, there’s no need to edit out all of the character leveling process – it’s interesting to hear what attributes have changed, and what new spells are coming online etc etc.

As to how I listen to it: I download the MP3 files to my hard drive, because I often only listen to it 1/2 an hour or an hour at a time, and with the streams it takes AGES to get back to where you were!

Just a bit about myself, for completeness:

I started playing in 1978 (I’m that old), and I played loads for the next ten years – mostly DMing. Then there was a huge gap of 15 years or so, and after playing the occasional other RPG in the last 5 years, I just started playing D&D again this year!

I was spurred on to that by two things: (1) I’ve become somewhat bored with Magic the Gathering Online, and (2) my daughter is now old enough to want to play. 🙂 (I’m making special adventures just for her, of course, but I’ve also started playing D&D with my mates again)

Demonix
    • Orc

The introduction from each character would be nice – perhaps every few episodes, and it’d be nice to hear whats happened to them also – for example:

“I xxxxxx have been in the dungeon for many weeks, I’m here to xxxxxxxx and hopefully xxxxxxxxxxx”

Nothing too long but it’d make the listening more interesting (not that its not already mind you!).

Brad_Nelson
    • Commoner

I’m still catching up. I’m in the middle of session #7 at the moment. I do enjoy the recaps at the beginning of the sessions. 🙂

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

great stuff. its fun to listen how other groups game (thou i never played dnd). your group does real good. lots of fun and next to none aguring. a really liked the lizard man encounter with the lizard man.

only thing that could be batter if somekind of map was provided (if aeg is fine with it) as its easy to get confused where the party is heading.

as i said i enjoy the recordings 😀

HisDivineShadow
    • Orc

You can download the full (unannotated!) map from the World’s Largest Dungeon official site:

http://www.worldslargestdungeon.com/resources/

I’ve managed to occasionally match up that map with the DM’s descriptions. 🙂

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m on the second half of part 6 and I’m enjoying every minute of it. This brings me back to the good old days when I was able to play D&D weekly. Keep up the great work!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

ENoa4

http://enoa.rpgs.sytes.net/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.