Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Doom – The Board Game

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

Anyone seen or played this yet?

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

A Doom boardgame? Can’t say I have… is it related to Frag at all?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I’ve seen it! Paul has a copy for us to review for the site 😀

Look out for a nice review with pics in a little while 😛

There are lots of bizaarre blue, green and red demons of very large size in the box. Not had chance to look at it yet, but apparently it weighs 3kg or something like that

Hal 🙄

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I had to weigh it for work. It does weigh 3Kg.

I still haven’t managed to close the box again properly there’s so much stuff in it! Very good production quality from Fantasy Flight Games – but more of that in the review.

Paul

Demonix
    • Orc

I’ll hold of buying it till I see the review but it does sound worth it. 😀

Demonix
    • Orc

“The Union Aerospace Corporation, an arm of the most powerful conglomerate on Earth, was performing secret experiments in their base on Mars. Tapping into the very fabric of the universe itself, UAC scientists made discoveries that would forever change human existence. Then something went terribly wrong… “

Sounds like projects at work…

“The Boardgame includes more than 60 finely detailed plastic miniatures, the largest of which stands approximately 80mm tall, and features weapons, monsters, and graphics taken from the best-selling DOOM 3 computer game. “

Ooooooooooh. I thought zombies was cool having all thoose bits and bobs…

pogre
    • Commoner

I thought the miniatures that came with it were extremely disappointing. Have not gotten around to playing it yet.

Pigeon
    • Commoner

My friend works for Gameplay.com and got a copy for free (we also got “war of the rings” this way, it’s good to know people!). We had a game last Sunday because some of our roleplaying group couldn’t make it. I must say I enjoyed it, it was kind of like space crusade (ish). The models are rather poor, especially since sometimes you can have difficulty distinguishing one demon from another. Also the marine characters tended to run out of amo rather rapidly (a lot of weapons have a 1 in 3 chance of running out each time you shoot), but this could be just bad tactical decision making on our part. Next time I play (if I’m the marines) I’ll be doing a lot more running and a lot less blasting low level demons. The system is good though, prompting many a “Ooo thats clever” from us as we learned the rules.

Overall I’d recomend it, it certainly makes a good stand in for when all the players can’t make it.

Demonix
    • Orc

How many people can play?

Pigeon
    • Commoner

one person plays the demons, and up to three can play marines. I suspect the problems we had with Amo is due to the fact there were two playing the marines and, althought there are more demons, there isn’t any more amo dumps. A house rule would be easy enough to come up with though, and as I say I think we went a bit overboard in shooting everything that came at us.

Demonix
    • Orc

Sounds quite fun, I’m still holding off till I read some other reviews. Its a pity that the figures are poor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.