Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying DnD5e Bard Class

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Here’s an interesting take on how a bard could be used. (and who can provide the backup to this king of classes :))

http://projectmultiplexer.com/2014/10/04/tailor-tinker-soldier-spy-the-bard-as-a-spy-cryptography-and-the-fantasy-espionage-team/

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Here’s an interesting take on how a bard could be used. (and who can provide the backup to this king of classes :))

http://projectmultiplexer.com/2014/10/04/tailor-tinker-soldier-spy-the-bard-as-a-spy-cryptography-and-the-fantasy-espionage-team/

There are excellent historic examples of this – Christopher Marlowe and Chevalier d’Eon (as mentioned in the link).  ‘Tis a pity bards get such a bad rap.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

I started writing an essay length response and then my eyes started to bleed from too much text. Basically, I really like the 5e Bard. 3rd edition bards were pretty crappy. 4th edition bards could do cool stuff but so could everybody in 4th. I think it’s neat how Wizards found a niche for the new bards to fit into: extremely versatile support.

In 5e there’s a bard could be nearly as good on the front line as a fighter. Heck, take a level of fighter for the armour prof, get a suit of full plate, and storm across the battlefield blaring Tenacious D and calling yourself The Metal. Nothing’s stopping you (you’re too hardcore!). Or you could easily grab extra cantrips and become a fair spellcaster. Having a quick and easy bonus action to just do music on someone is so much simpler and allows you to actually do things in combat. And out of combat you’ve got a super sustainable heal with every short rest.

My brain is turning to pudding. I give up. I liek bards.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

My brain is turning to pudding. I give up. I liek bards.

Fair enough, but do you liek mudkipz? 🙂

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Fair enough, but do you liek mudkipz? 🙂

I hate mudkips!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.