Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying DnD5e Bard Class

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

So just for Nick I thought I would post this as he likes Bards apparently ;P

d20Monkey has just released the class sneak peek for Bards. Seems they are sticking with the playing instruments and inspiring people with their flouncy awesome.

DnD5e Bard Preview

What do you think? The only bard I ever liked was in Dark Sun but then they made them cool with poisons and an explanation. I am pretty sure if an orc was about to bite my face off that I would be more than a little annoyed to have a guy behind me with a lute playing music rather than actually helping 🙂

Hal :hal:

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

“And there was much rejoicing.”

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

If I remember correctly the 3.5 Drow splat book swapped out musical ability for poisons too.

The best bard I have seen was played by a guy in my group who ran a particularly uncharismatic motivational speaker.  He had a lot of leaflets.

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen

The only time I’ve played a bard was in 4e. My character used a tambourine. It made giving bonuses on skill challenges fun, especially stealth checks. Ah, 4e, a system where the power mechanics work regardless of how little sense it makes. I tried to replicate the character in one of Telemergion’s maptools games, but my internet exploded. No surprises, it was Comcast.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

What about the Pathfinder bard archetypes? There’s plenty to choose from that give up lute-plucking in exchange for other abilities. For example, how’s that Archaeologist GMPC coming along in the Shattered Star game, @[member=”Hal”] and @[member=”Lockhart”] and @[member=Thing]?

The best bard I have seen was played by a guy in my group who ran a particularly uncharismatic motivational speaker.  He had a lot of leaflets.

Leaflets, huh? His name wouldn’t happen to be @[member=ross], by any chance, would it? 😉

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I have liked bards since ADnD2e. I haven’t looked at the 5e Bard stuff too much yet but I hope to be having fun with bards in another edition. I like the idea of the aggressive leafletter. I have a few character ideas that I have created that would fit a bardy kind of character that I would like to give a bit of a road test to.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Leaflets, huh? His name wouldn’t happen to be @[member=ross], by any chance, would it? 😉

Sadly not.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I think that we need to encourage one off the groups here to take on the roles of a band of wandering minstrels. Then we can have all bards all the time. We just have to make sure people nearby don’t get too hungry or there will be much rejoicing. 

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

We just have to make sure people nearby don’t get too hungry or there will be much rejoicing.

Huh?! Are bards considered Soylent Green in 5E? :O

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

It’s not even a 5E thing. It goes back much further

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh snap! Now you’re gonna have to put a penny in the BAGgies’ Python jar. 😉

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Oh snap! Now you’re gonna have to put a penny in the BAGgies’ Python jar. 😉

Why does that sound so dirty when said by you?

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Why does that sound so dirty when said by you?

tumblr_inline_nc1sg4hQ0O1sozlzj.gif

moonwolf
    • Commoner

i was thinking of using a bard class but have him like a rock star basicly has a foundness for women and likes a drink

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

i was thinking of using a bard class but have him like a rock star basicly has a foundness for women and likes a drink

As opposed to all the other bards, who much prefer a nice cup of chamomile tea before going to bed early? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.