Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Gaming Aids D&D 5E Random Character Generator

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Just in case anyone might need a way to churn out large numbers of pre-gen starting characters for 5E, check out this link.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The link was originally found on the OD&D boards, in a thread that also provides some interesting stuff about character backgrounds. Check out the Underdark background, or just take a look at these nifty-cool excerpts:

ALTERATION.

You may roll, or choose, one, or all of these.

1. Your eyes are larger than usual for your race, they also have no whites, people cannot tell where you are looking.
    2. Colourless, your skin has no pigment. You sunburn easily.
    3. Missing or non-functional nose. You smell by breathing deeply through your mouth.
    4. Your fingernails are thick, long and hooked.
    5. You walk toe-to-heel, people will notice your gait seems ‘off’ and rangers will be mystified by your tracks. They are distinctive though.
    6. You don’t yawn, snore, sniff, sneeze, cough, gasp, moan, cry out or even laugh much. It takes people a while to notice this. You may still scream in pain if badly hurt.
    7. Spindly. Add a d6 to your height modifier. Keep your weight the same.
    8. Though each individual aspect of your appearance is apparently normal, there is something very odd about the whole. Those who do not know your name will refer to you as ‘that ill-starred individual’ ‘the strange one’ or just ‘the freak’.

Personality Trait

1. I am always watching. The less I say the more I see.
    3. I rank my colleagues in order of which I would abandon first. Its nothing personal.
    6. I love music but only from a distance, its always too loud up close.
    7. I love cities but hate crowds. Empty cities make me happy.

Flaw

1. Burning Eyes. You treat a clear cloudless sky as an enemy.
    2. Inverse Cosmology. You secretly regard those most think of as gods, as daemons and devils, and those they think of as ‘Evil’ as the true gods. How you deal with this is up to you.
    3. Funeral Rite. Failing to eat at least part of someone you respect when they die is a terrible insult. You would never do that to a friend.
    4. Ready for Flight. You are never willing to become encumbered by what you carry. Ever.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Interesting tool

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Interesting tool

I’m sure he’s been called worse.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The best nickname anyone has ever given me IRL was “The Vulture”. 🙂

It’s even funnier when you hear the story behind it, so of course, I’m not going to tell you. 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

People who need character ideas (not the actual nitty-gritty stats of one, but an idea for what you want to roleplay), try this handy random generator.

Oh, and here’s a handy thing if you’re looking for a real-life evil villain name.

tumblr_n2x52dtq3l1r3godco1_1280.jpg

the white knight of the night, great, i’m fucking moon moon of fantasy villains

(Source.)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

The Treacherous Ogre of the Shadows.

Not bad! And who says that Cyan is their favourite colour? Seriously 🙂

Ha ha Moon Moon 😛

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hmm, let’s see… *Peruses the site calendar* @[member=ross], @[member=Fin] and @[member=WhiteKnight] from the BAGgies would be a trio of Assassins (Black, Vengeful and Red, respectively), which seems highly appropriate for Fin, at least, since he’s actually played one, during the Warlords & Accordions campaign… Although it would probably be a better fit if they’d been three Stooges. 😉

@[member=Daniel] is a Blue Fairy. 😀 All that massive super-depressing angst-festing in Tropis has turned him permanently blue, how delightful. 😉

Thing would be a Wicked Gargoyle, in addition to being “A Bad Man”. 🙂 Wheras Lindsay is Red Dwarf. (Cue fierce debate about whether she’s Lister or Rimmer.)

Oh, @[member=Heather] is a White Ogre to match your Treacherous one, Hal – and her boy toy Lockhart is a Cursed Giant.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

And who says that Cyan is their favourite colour? Seriously 🙂

Diehard Sinclair Spectrum fans?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

And who says that Cyan is their favourite colour? Seriously 🙂

Speaking of which… Was just listening to episode 4 of the Sunless Citadel, and at around 1 h, 57 min, this comment was made:

Hal: Cyan? Isn’t that some horrible pink color?

Looks like Our Glorious Leader has suffered a fierce aversion to this particular nuance for quite some time. 🙂
    (Although in this case, the comment was made in response to hearing that someone had named their child “Cyan”, which Hal thought was vastly inferior to his own suggestion: “Funkasaurus”.) 😉

Heather
    • Bullywug

Hmm, let’s see… *Peruses the site calendar* @[member=ross], @[member=Fin] and @[member=WhiteKnight] from the BAGgies would be a trio of Assassins (Black, Vengeful and Red, respectively), which seems highly appropriate for Fin, at least, since he’s actually played one, during the Warlords & Accordions campaign… Although it would probably be a better fit if they’d been three Stooges. 😉

@[member=Daniel] is a Blue Fairy. 😀 All that massive super-depressing angst-festing in Tropis has turned him permanently blue, how delightful. 😉

Thing would be a Wicked Gargoyle, in addition to being “A Bad Man”. 🙂 Wheras Lindsay is Red Dwarf. (Cue fierce debate about whether she’s Lister or Rimmer.)

Oh, @[member=Heather] is a White Ogre to match your Treacherous one, Hal – and her boy toy Lockhart is a Cursed Giant.

A white Ogre huh? 

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Where the hell is ecru? 

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Where the hell is ecru? 

An abomination unto the gods!

But that’s my answer to most things.

insert witticism here

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

An abomination unto the gods!

But that’s my answer to most things.

It’s a good one. No need to mess with the classics.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.