Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting Crew of the Good Ship Glow Worm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Balgin
    • Succubus

Well I’ve painted The Best Mechanic Flying but Captain Tightpants and The Son of a Preacher aren’t even started yet (the the mechanic girl needs her base doing).

Would anyone be interested in some unfinished pictures of her anyway? I’m thinking of tryong to add some Laura Ashley style splodges to her shirt and a few other touches but she’s been basicaly finished for weeks now.

Mordion
    • Orc

Shiny!

Definitely post them, and the others whenever they’re ready too.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear
    Balgin wrote:
    …the mechanic girl needs her base doing.

I’d volunteer for that job. 😈

Mordion
    • Orc
    Ieqo wrote:
    Balgin wrote:
    …the mechanic girl needs her base doing.

I’d volunteer for that job. 😈

And to think I held off on saying anything about sploging on her shirt. I really need to adjust my sense of the appropriate. 😉

Balgin
    • Succubus

Right, I’ll try to scav the camera sometime soon when it’s not raining or very cloudy. Book’s hair’s going to be fun with his badger stripes. It’s white in the middle with two light grey stripes at the temples and the rest is pretty dark, getting on for black really.

Balgin
    • Succubus

Sorry for the delay guys. She’s based (albeit somewhat badly) and now I’m just having a few problems negotiating camera access.

Mordion
    • Orc

No worries, we’re all very patient. 🙂

Balgin
    • Succubus

Not the best photo’s I’ve ever taken but here we go. Bright Morning Sunlight is evil for taking pictures but we’re in so much shadow during the rest of the day that I had to make do (that and the fact that I might not get another chance later). My sister’s been hogging the camera for about 3 weeks so I only got the chance to take some photos today.

There’s no varnish, the sunlight just really shone brightly :(. She will be varnished eventualy. I’m not happy with the base (I reached for rock flock thinking it was sand flock and found out a moment too late, couldn’t find the sand flock and just went with the rubble). I wish I’d had the time to do a decent scrapheap challenge style base for her but I didn’t have the bits handy.

That face isn’t great. It doesn’t feel round enough or happy enough for Kaylee. I kept wanting to file down the chin a bit. She’s also a bit too tall (practicaly the same size as the preacher but that puts her at almost as short as Werner Klocke’s giant “scale creep” dwarfs from Reaper).

I’ll see if I can get some better (less bleached out) photos later but don’t expect any major improvements.

kwf1.jpg

kwf2.jpg

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Balgin wrote:

That face isn’t great. It doesn’t feel round enough or happy enough for Kaylee. I kept wanting to file down the chin a bit.

I think those cheeks look plenty round enough for me. Oh, you said ‘face’.hexentanz.gif

Seriously, it’s a fine piece. You’ve certainly got a much higher mini-painting skill rating than I do.

…And I didn’t even comment on how you’ve been hankering to file down her chin. Who can say I have no restraint?

Balgin
    • Succubus

Since we’re all waiting (and it’s not been raining) I took a few photo’s of the son of a preacher (and his book). He’s sort of nearly finished from the neck up so I left out the rest of him (as all you’d see would be his hands). His skin’s actualy a fair bit lighter than inb the photo. I tried the same skin mix on a Hell Dorado gypsie and she came out looking practicaly chinese (so I put brown ink on the skin and it ended up looking even yellower).

I also completely failed to get his badger stripes in his hair (there’s a big almost black streak down the middle and small dark streaks above his ears). So I experimented with highlighting and inking then highlighting then inking then some final highlights. I’m not too pleased with the end result but it looks good enough for now.

BookHead.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.