Forums Gaming Chat Associated Geekery Bulging Bag of Holding Constantine TV Series

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Its not far from the comics and it is nice when they do an episode which is clearly pulled straight from the comics (like the one with the murderer that marries girls by “giving them a ring” around their throats). It appears to be lacking the presence of Swamp Thing at this point (which is a little disappointing) and there to too much chit chat with angels and Constantine appears to be very competent which I never really got from the comics – I always got the impression he knew some stuff but basically made it up as he went along.

Lindsay and I have watched it all and at this point it is decent for the quality of TV over here but they have all but reduced it to the level of a procedural. There is a spooky problem, let us investigate the spooky problem, the XXX is the cause of the spooky problem, we need X, Y and Z for the solution, now we have X and Y we can make do with Q for Z, end of spooky problem…

They need to take these actors and make movies based around the 10 collected graphic novels 🙂 That would be better 😀

Hal :hal:

riddles
    • Succubus

Has it been renewed? I thought it was the one DC TV adaptation that didn’t…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

There is a spooky problem, let us investigate the spooky problem, the XXX is the cause of the spooky problem

Ah yes, because the XXX is so often the cause of spooky problems. 😉

cef734532fc2e99ab4d33a4798e76a77-d82f03y

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I swear you just have a million webcomics that you draw yourself when you need them 😛

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I swear you just have a million webcomics that you draw yourself when you need them 😛

He is actually Pencil Monkey Wrangler with a million monkeys chained to pencils churning out comics for him.

On the original point I enjoyed the series. It could have been better but I liked the portrayal of Constantine. I do think that the point of him seeming more competent is accurate though.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

He is actually Pencil Monkey Wrangler with a million monkeys chained to pencils churning out comics for him.

“Chained”?

…Umm, yes – of course! That’s totally a reliable way of fastening simians to writing implements, and absolutely what I would do, if I ran a monkey drawing sweatshop. emoticon_ShiftyEyes.gif

P5071_lrg.jpg

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Buy it Monkey – keep it going…. you can do it 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

websize-constantine.jpg

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Funny and pretty much correct 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.