Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Classic Games Return

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi,

There are a few classic games out on the internet that have been rebuilt to run over the web or on a modern day PC. I thought people here might enjoy them.

Zork: http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

Telengard: http://buildingworlds.com/telengard/

and a new game by the guy who remade telengard. I have not tried it myself, but plan too.

Fate: http://www.fatethegame.com/default.html

The first two are loads of fun. No promises on the last, I haven’t tried it yet. Enjoy!

ENoa4

Ffaern
    • Orc

I was really delighted when “The Best of Infocom” CDs came out a few years ago, ok; a decade I suppose. I never really played Zork since I was too busy adapting Crowther and Woods’ FORTRAN Adventure to multi-player on the mainframe but I will never forget Dave Lebling’s fantastic “Lurking Horror”. It must be one of the top text adventures ever written.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I can’t say I played those, but I did play many of the Infocom games. I also have very fond memories of Ultima 2 – 4. Ah… the good old days. 🙂

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

And more great links from Ernie! Thanks! I’ll defintely give these a whirl after I run through some of the old gamebooks I’ve started collecting, including the old Zork “choose your own adventure” ones. Wheeee! I’m young agan!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Hehe. They’re going in the same folder as lemmings and all my final fantasy roms.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Anyone have a favorite game that they haven’t found?

I’d love to find a good copy of Rampart. I’ve seen one for the PC, but without the track ball it’s just not the same. Great game.

The other I’d love to find is ‘Racing Destruction Set’. Anyone remember that?

Rillietann
    • Bullywug

just been playin Fate, from the link in the OP, its not bad, a diablo rip but still fun for a quick blast.

My all time fave games are probably Virus and Bubble Bobble, though I try not to play many computer games nowadays, spent toooo many hours playing Ultima Online and SWG.

I’ll will be playing D&D online when it ever gets released though but a couple of my friends are trying to entice me on WoW but so far i’ve remained strong 🙂

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Raiden is always good, though I’ve found a cool snes game called strike fighter. Final fantasy, the best of console rpg, as always, graces my emulators in as many incarnations as I can find, all except for the ps and ps2 games which I actually own.

As for newer old games, Diablo 2 is godly, still.

As for old old games, I’ve got a lovley pong/centipede rom for my atari emulator.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:
    just been playin Fate, from the link in the OP, its not bad, a diablo rip but still fun for a quick blast.

Cool. I downloaded it but haven’t installed it. It looked like Diablo to me but with more cartoonish graphics.

Quote:
    I’ll will be playing D&D online when it ever gets released

Neverwinter Nights can be played online. More over there are a many excellent persistant worlds run by multiple DMs. Beyond the cost of the game it’s free, no monthly fee.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.