Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Fashionista Gamers Cartoon Physics

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Quote:
    “But that’s as far as I can argue that point I’m afraid. I coulda sworn it was in the grease spell description…Clearly my mind is going.

Thank for the great information guys! I’m printing this post out (all except Mr. Monkey’s bit)

Aw, shucks.

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Quote:
    “But that’s as far as I can argue that point I’m afraid. I coulda sworn it was in the grease spell description…Clearly my mind is going.

Thank for the great information guys! I’m printing this post out (all except Mr. Monkey’s bit)

Aw, shucks.

OK, OK… I’ll print out the Monkey post too. I have a soft spot for monkeys, especially of the pencil variety.

G 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Quote:

Aw, shucks.

OK, OK… I’ll print out the Monkey post too. I have a soft spot for monkeys, especially of the pencil variety.

G 😉

Keep that inkjet thrummin’ – there might be something speshul coming up to prod your soft spot in a not too distant future. 😉

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Quote:

Aw, shucks.

G 😉

Keep that inkjet thrummin’ – there might be something speshul coming up to prod your soft spot in a not too distant future. 😉

Oh Mr. Monkey… how you tease! The suspense is killing me! I hope it lasts…

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:

Is that you Mr. Monkey?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Is that you Mr. Monkey?

Nope! I wanted to use a photo of Bruce Lee to illustrate my suggested spellcasting technique, but I couldn’t find one where he struck the right pose. The photo above is just a substitute, but the man in the picture (some random bloke from a karate academy) makes the right gesture, at least.

Now, if you really wanna see a picture of me, you’ll have to ask nicely… Oh, alright then, just because it’s you. 😉

Imagine, if you will, the greasy, long-haired Nicholas Cage from Con Air, combined with the paunchy, disheveled-looking Nicholas Cage from The Orchid Thief, and then throw in numerous random splotches of body hair…

Got that? Good – now, throw all that palaver out the window and feast your eyes on THIS:

chimpanzee.jpg

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hmmm… a greasy Nick Cage… I think I’ll stick with the image I have of you in my head…

I’m not going to provide a picture because this is somewhat a family site and Hal told me I hav’ta keep it PG.

G 😉

Edit: OK OK… I’ll post a picture of what I think Mr.Monkey looks like. Geez… you people are sooooooooooooooo demanding 😉

Pic Edit:

5811866437_0eeaf86aba.jpg

Sorry for the hack job on the edit. I am at work and a naked monkey-headed Burt Reynolds is apparently frowned upon here.

I hope you all are happy now!… except Keener 😉

Keener
    • Drider
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    I hope you all are happy now!

No I am not happy. 👿 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh my stars and garters… 😯 I just hope Hal doesn’t try to bowdlerize that picture – he tries his best, bless him, but he only makes it worse!

Incidentally, was the photographer wearing beer goggles when he was working? My face looks distinctly blurred – maybe it would help if you came a little closer:

1d8d0110f8d9d332a2fa6065597896ea.jpg

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks for the higher res pic. I was working off of your avatar and we all know my on-going struggle with Hal and the low res quality of the avatars on this site. I will amend the current image ASAP.

And if it’s any consolation, without my glasses, most of what I see is fuzzy.

G:wink:

popper
    • Orc
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Hal and I had a discussion the other day about what new spells Mor’kil should learn. He suggested (WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA) Magic Missle and Shield (I haven’t come up with words for this one yet). Theses spells are great and ultimately, Mor’kil learned them, but I had another idea.

I wanted to learn Hydraulic push and Shocking grasp. Here is my reasoning behind my choices: The idea is that Mor’kil could launch Hydraulic Push on one round, then Shocking grasp on the next, causing more damage to the victim/bad guy by electrocuting an already wet target. I realize a touch doll has to be made to hit the target with the grasp and since the spell dry has no effect on the caster, i figured it wouldn’t have an effect when wet.

Hal checked the sacred tome of spells & damage and learned that frying a wet target did no extra damage.

I find this, well, shocking. With so many specific rules and regulations for each and every spell, I don’t understand why this spell combo does not work . . .

Gilbert/Mor’kil

I know I’m a bit late to the party here, but have you considered using the spells in combination with mundane items?

Take for example oil and shocking grasp. You, or a fellow party member, could splash the intended victim with oil and then follow it up with shocking grasp. The victim of this combo should get both the shocking grasp damage and fire damage from the oil – if it ignites. Alcohol is probably a more readily available and better substitute than oil if you’re dealing with a more realistic campaign though. It is highly flammable, found nearly everywhere, and pisses off alcoholics and dwarves alike when used to start a fire.

I’m not a huge fan of Hydraulic Push but it could be just as useful in combination with mundane items. You could take a hollowed tube (bamboo would be easiest) and set a rock, sling bullet, or whatever you have with a bit of cloth or cat tail fluff to form a light seal and force the spell down the tube to give you homemade gun-ish thingie. Essentially you’d be making a hydraulic potato gun instead of an aerosol based potato gun. Still just as deadly, and still just as much fun to use when drinking.

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks Popper. I am going to try a few different things. And it’s never too late to join in the discussion. I’m not sure I’ll ever get the hang of spell casting.

G 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Fashionista Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.