Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Warhammer Bring this campaign back!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Soda wrote:
    If you guys ever decide to return to WFRP, which I hope you do, I would suggest … with The Enemy Within campaign.

Although it is not necessarily any more cheerful. Just ask this guy, and be sure to read James Wallis’s reply. 😀

philbass
    • Orc
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    Soda wrote:
    If you guys ever decide to return to WFRP, which I hope you do, I would suggest … with The Enemy Within campaign.

Although it is not necessarily any more cheerful. Just ask this guy, and be sure to read James Wallis’s reply. 😀

Sorry if it is bad form to advert other RPG actual play MP3, but this site (http://warhammer-enemy-within.blogspot.com/ – also on iTunes podcasts as ‘Journey to Madness’) is playing through the Enemy Within and are half way through Death on the Reik after 17 episodes at an episode a week. The sound is a little off but I’m enjoying it so far (including the river trading rules). The Bogenhaffen section (episodes 5 to 10) worked very well for this group.

Apologies for repetition if someone has already highlighted this.

PhilBass

CrazyMLC
    • Orc
    philbass wrote:
    url]http://warhammer-enemy-within.blogspot.com/[/url]

Listening to this, I realize James has a twin.

Soda
    • Commoner
    Quote:
    philbass wrote:

url]http://warhammer-enemy-within.blogspot.com/[/url]

Listening to this, I realize James has a twin.

You mean the guy who play Zed? I think they sound similar too.

Also, I’ve though for a long time that James’ voice sounds like Steven Seagal, but that might be just me 🙂

tadcan
    • Flumph

I have mixed feelings about this. WHFP is the first campaign I listened to. The mismatch between the players and the scenario was part of why I enjoyed it. However I know being in shit game is no fun. So if I wouldn’t mind if the campaign was changed.

James
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:
    I’ve though for a long time that James’ voice sounds like Steven Seagal, but that might be just me

Thanks!

BTW. My wife hates Steven Seagal. I have to watch his movies in secret and alone.

Keener
    • Drider
    James wrote:
    BTW. My wife hates Steven Seagal. I have to watch his movies in secret and alone.

Oh god please tell me you are just watching. 😈 Actually I used to love watching Seagal movies on on TBS on Sunday mornings. 😀 I think that this post puts me past Hal for total posts. :tiphat:

hellbenthaggis10
    • Commoner

I have to chime in on this one, I think out of all the sessions I enjoyed the warhammer ones the most because of all the conflict between characters.

I think the strength of the group is the humor they all have, it’s entertaining and although Warhammer is supposed to be this grim dark fantasy setting, it also has humor, although its dark humor.

The second they were introducing their characters I laughed my ass off at the hatred between the brothers.

It’s probably hard to roleplay a group of angry bastards that hate each other, but this group did it with humor and it worked.

I was sad to see the sessions end, I was looking forward to seeing actual classes come into play and what they all do.

I hope you guys return to it the same way you started it, just fart around and get in trouble.

Soda
    • Commoner

I thought the roleplay of the Steinwult brothers’ hostility was extremely funny to listen to as well. Conrad’s first action of the game: Step on Ulrichs chain so he trips and drop his food ^^

Also, Ulrich is the best caracter ever! I found it incredibly funny to follow Ulrich’s development from being the “kind thug who didn’t beat up the street peddler”, to becomming a seven-boobed, horned, winged and warty pseudo demon. How Ulrich escaped being burned… Priceless 🙂

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    Soda wrote:
    I thought the roleplay of the Steinwult brothers’ hostility was extremely funny to listen to as well. Conrad’s first action of the game: Step on Ulrichs chain so he trips and drop his food ^^

Also, Ulrich is the best caracter ever! I found it incredibly funny to follow Ulrich’s development from being the “kind thug who didn’t beat up the street peddler”, to becomming a seven-boobed, horned, winged and warty pseudo demon. How Ulrich escaped being burned… Priceless 🙂

Ulrich’s unmasking and subsequent chaos-making was brilliantly done. 4e and then Warhammer were my first exposures to the Texas crew, and it was interesting to see the extreme change in Ned’s playstyle between the two. Galadril kind of kept in the background, so then to see Ulrich come front and center in the campaign, and just spiral down into personal and physical damnation, was just amazing.

The un-get-out-of-able prison sequence, with Conrad constantly trying to cripple Ulrich, and Girl modeling Leopald’s stolen hat was pure gold as well… And Pfeifeldorf disintegrating into Conrad shouting that the Bretonnians wanted to eat the townsfolks children while Ulrich’s sadist/masochist horses shagged in the background, all amidst the attempted kidnapping of a pie-maker, was pretty damn funny too.

It was definitely the players at their funniest. I think a different Warhammer campaign, one where they were less trod upon, could be great. Hal’s mentioned wanting to try the new Warhammer out, so maybe he can browbeat them all into doing the introductory scenario, which is really quite good.

Balgin
    • Succubus

I strongly suggest For Love Or Money (from the 6 adventure compendium 3 old & updated, 3 new) as a good introductory level scenario.

CrazyMLC
    • Orc

Thinking back, I remember that the players didn’t really use fortune/fate points… Ned’s mutation issues could have been entirely avoided, and many bad rolls could have been averted.

Soda
    • Commoner

I relistened to some of the sessions, and I realized just how much I miss it. Conrad changing from a law abiding toll keeper into some sort of avatar of hate. Girl running around eating sausage, being delightfully rude whenever she gets the chance. Durak bursting eardrums with his cries of anger and fustration over being dicked around by absolutely every person the group interacted with. Leo starting as an”out in the woods licking trees idiot” and trying to adjust to the word outside his charcoal burning hut. Ned running around spreading the love.

Oskar trying his best to keep the group out of trouble only to realize it can’t be done, and as such resorts to watch while laughing.

This campaign is the one on the site I’ve enjoyed listening to the most.

If your aversion to the Old World is starting to subside, I would really love to hear the group do a return to warhammer, although using a different campagin (my suggestion: The enemy within coupled with suitable single adventures and modified by the gm to fit) where you make sure the group get at least one person who knows heal.

If you guys are still waking up at night due to nigthmares of dancing chickens, and 6 feet wide women named Gertha, I suggest you face your demons by doing a session where you play 3d, 4th or even 5th career characters, perhaps the same characters you played, coming back to Pfleifeldor 3-4 years later to take revenge and tear the villiage a new one. 🙂

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    Soda wrote:
    If you guys are still waking up at night due to nigthmares of dancing chickens, and 6 feet wide women named Gertha, I suggest you face your demons by doing a session where you play 3d, 4th or even 5th career characters, perhaps the same characters you played, coming back to Pfleifeldor 3-4 years later to take revenge and tear the villiage a new one. 🙂

A one-off where the characters return and spend the entire session slaughtering Phifeldorphians as if the town were just another dungeon would be quite the listen.

Daniel
    • Succubus

I would love to hear some new Warhammer stuff. it stands to date as one of the few recordings on here that I’d made the time to listen to.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘Warhammer’ is closed to new topics and replies.