Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Beyond the Mountains of Madness Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 14

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    woojitsu
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Bloodguard wrote:
    I thought the idea of roll/role playing was to experiance the story, no matter what happened.

As long as everyone’s having fun.

I have to say that I was very upset by your initial post. Everyone on these boards should know by now that Lindsay is very sensitive to criticism, and to see someone attack her (which is how the post read, whether you intended it or not) is hard to take.

Lindsay
    • Succubus
    Quote:
    This is not an apology for my reasoning for my post but I am truly sorry to think that my criticism would upset Lindsay.

I appreciate the attempt at an apology but to be fair you use the term criticism then seem suprised I took it personally. You specifically targeted a player and basically blamed them for *what went wrong*. Regardless who you target, that person will be upset. Had you said *i disliked the session becasue of this, then maybe that would have been easier to take. But you didnt, you picked me out of the group and criticised me for something that really wasnt anything just todo with me.

Im not going to bring this up, I dont want a prolonged argument as I know I’ll come off worse, as I appear to be *oversensative* to a lot of people.

My Gran always taught me that if you can’t say something nice about someone, don’t say it at all..especially if you know it will upset them.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Bloodguard I’d suggest you read this: (A Friendly Reminder).

Also I don’t think anybody is going to hate you for what you’ve said, we’re not like that here, but I would suggest you quit while you’re ahead.

You’ve said sorry (kinda), so just leave it at that. 🙂

Danny

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

I agree that BtMoM (the campaign, not the recorded actual play) just isn’t a good game. It’s almost like a long non-interactive cut scene.

It really was admirable that the group could summon up the enthusiasm, and it’s good that you move on to something you find more enjoyable. That should always be central. 🙂

Thanks.

Daniel
    • Succubus
    Hafwit wrote:
    It’s almost like a long non-interactive cut scene.

Oh like MGS?

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I think there is an inherent danger in CoC adventures, since there is a lot of investigation in the nature of the sceanrios, there is a lot of information to deliver to the players, or sometimes a specific player, usually with handouts of newspaper clippings, etc. This tends to break the narative flow and makes in character intereaction hard unless everyone is good at oral reading.

Also the vast majority of CoC adventures I have been a part of end abruptly with too many chracters dead or insane and the bad guys winning, but that fits well with a lot of Lovecrafts writing.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Thing’s right and in fact its this much darker mood and oft fatal game play that appeals to myself and many others.

Danny :plot:

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen
    Illiani wrote:
    Hafwit wrote:

Oh like MGS?

I think so. 😳

Daniel
    • Succubus
    Hafwit wrote:
    Illiani wrote:
    Hafwit wrote:

Oh like MGS?

I think so. 😳

Metal Gear Solid, its a 3rd person ‘stealth’ action game.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear
    Illiani wrote:
    Hafwit wrote:
    Illiani wrote:
    Hafwit wrote:

Oh like MGS?

I think so. 😳

Metal Gear Solid, its a 3rd person ‘stealth’ action game.

With a number of increasingly long cut-scenes. I would have gone with something by Squaresoft, which has made some very enjoyable games that really shouldn’t be called RPGs.

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen
    TheGlen
    • Thri-kreen

The game was dying because it was badly written. Ape and Batman were one paper bag popped behind them from going absolutely insane. Jenna was played as a spoiled rich girl trapped in a situation beyond her control, Charles’ motivation was to get his proof back to civilization as fast as possible. A CoC game that doesn’t meltdown completely isn’t done right. It’s Lovecraft, everbody dies. I had personal business on the last day, but the game wasn’t going past that, out of sheer attrition if nothing else.

Deadman316
    • Commoner

I have to admit, the game is badly written. Far too linear and restrictive. Still, I can appreciate the players and the GM for giving us a very entertaining game to listen to. It was a great listen for me. ^^

Keep up the good work, and I’m looking forward to another great game from you guys. Oh, and can I make a suggestion? How about giving Masks of Nyarlathotep a whack? ^^

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear
    Deadman316 wrote:
    Oh, and can I make a suggestion? How about giving Masks of Nyarlathotep a whack? ^^

RPGMP3’s sister site (I think that would be an accurate description) Yog-Sothoth.com has a recording already:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/Masks_of_Nyarlathotep_Game_Audio_Recording

It’s also on their Tales from the Table DVD.

So, I don’t know if a recording by the Texans would make sense. Though, I imagine some would like to hear it in order to compare and contrast.

EDITED to add: And, welcome to boards!

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

It is my hope that the Gaming Grunts (http://thegaminggrunts.com) will be playing Masks once we finish the current story in Adventure!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Beyond the Mountains of Madness’ is closed to new topics and replies.