Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Beyond the Mountains of Madness Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 12

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

More stuff from the vaults as the party head towards a conclusion which will most likely be sticky!

Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 12

Filesize: 92MB

Warning – This session contains plot and action and roleplaying by the players. It is not just Hal reading! Honest!

😛

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you Hal. 😀

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

A conclusion? Oooo, That sounds kind of climactic.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but isn’t this adventure 400 pages long? It seems to me the last time you read out a page number they still had over 200 left to go. Don’t tell me they somehow managed to conceive of a way to wipe out all the NPCs in one fell swoop.

I can’t wait to find out.

**Edit:**

I forgot to listen to session 11

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Thanks Hal!

I’m midway through session 8 so this is perfect timing! Might be on for finishing the whole thing in a solid run here! 😀

Re the length of the adventure… unbeliiiiiiiiievable isn’t it? All that detail and research… makes you wonder if BtMoM is actually used by Antarctic explorers as a training manual! 😯

Jojimbu
    • Bullywug

well i am kinda glad that beyond the mountains of madness was a little bit behind it gave me the chance to read at the mountains of madness added a lot to the story especially with the shoggoth

chanyder
    • Bullywug

I was listening to this tonight, and the part where David and Ned went back into the bloody pit the second time had me in tears, because I was laughing so much. The reason behind this is that I have a sound file of Yacky Sax on my phone and was playing that during the run from the shoggoth.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I think I was too kind 🙂 I should have eaten them both 😀

Hal :hal:

Alexandrian
    • Orc

Another gripping session! I was in tears with the appearance of the shoggoth and the horror that followed.

Thank you, as always.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

That was a great session! Loved the tempting of fate by going back down the tunnel!!!

And what about the poor old penguin? What an end to meet! SQWARK! WOOMPH!!! 🙂

Thanks all!

Balgin
    • Succubus

I’ve just got to say … 12 episodes in and finaly someone mentions the stupid 15′ penguins!

I was starting to wonder if Chaosisum ha dleft them out (because they were so patently un scary – yeah, read about that man being chased by a 15′ penguing because some white triangle thing told it to).

Basicaly, paart from the penguins all the monsters in that story are just geometric shapes. Did Lovecraft fear geometry at school?

Also, knowing which system and setting they’re playing, and which character he’s referring to, this line from Hal is just golden:

Quote:
    Are you sure you don’t want to take him with you just in case he starts defending the camp and you can’t get back to it?

Brilliant :).

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Balgin wrote:
    Basicaly, paart from the penguins all the monsters in that story are just geometric shapes. Did Lovecraft fear geometry at school?

How long ago has it been when you were in high school? Geometry’s pretty freakin’ petrifying. Particularly when you have a test and you’ve spent all night reading a very interesting book…

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Quote:
    It’s the written language of the dolphins

Haven’t you read that Brian Lumley story where some scientist finaly gets ton interpret dolphin language and they’re all just babbling cthuhlu bollox at him about how the deep one shall arise and take over the world?

I’m not kidding, someone’s already gone there (and in print too).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Beyond the Mountains of Madness’ is closed to new topics and replies.