Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Ars Magica 5th Ed Bundle of Holding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Just to let people know that for the next 6 and a bit days you can get a bunch of books for 5th Ed Ars Magica. This Bundle seems to be selling like hot cakes with nearly 300 in under 5 hours. I’ve not played this but I have heard a little audio from Ars Magica although I’m not sure what edition it was from. I am certainly looking forward to reading the books.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen
    Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Atlas Games made 4th edition freely avaliable a few years ago prior to 5th ed coming out.

I need to check behind the sofa and see what cash I can scrounge….

TFSakon
    • Flumph

Ditto I’ve always wanted to explore the magic system in this game. I was told to look into it if I wanted something a bit different.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ars Magica has a great system for magic – the only issues I ever had running the game was that a lot of what the players actually want to do is in downtime and not actually doing a great deal else… which surprisingly is actually kind of true to the theme of the game 🙂

Hal :hal:

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Like playing an all-wizard party in Pendragon? 

The 4th ed rules recommend giving it a go using a troupe format so everyone takes a major character and then one minor character associated with someone elses major character.  Sounds a little over-complicated but I would really like to give that a go at some point.  Hopefully it would prevent everyone from just focusing on making golems and grimoires in their towers.

And to pre-empt @[member=”Pencil-Monkey”] :-

500px-Wizardsonly.png

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

tumblr_inline_mpakn7F2bE1qc8yc2.gif

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.