Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Arkham Horror & Monterey Jack

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

For those who like the odd tentacle or two!

Monterey Jack Returns in FFG’s Arkham Horror

Paul

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

The game itself looks interesting. It’s on my list of board games to pick up.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

It’s getting some very positive comments from the people I’ve spoken to so far.

and also feel free to pick up some Yog-Sothoth.com Cthulhu Wallpaper while you’re there. 🙂

YSDC Wallpaper

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Paul, I’ve taken the opportunity to download some of the videos you have available on Yog Sothoth. If you ever get the chance, we’d love to hear some of your non-RPGMP3 sessions sometime. If you have any on tape , that is.

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

I just want to say that I picked up Arkham Horror and have played it twice with two different groups (one of 6 and one of 3) and I have to say that it’s a wonderful game. The vagueries of fate really upset one person who spent most of their time either beat up or Lost in Time and Space, but overall I think everyone enjoyed it. I think the hardest thing to get used to is the notion that you’re not competing, that you’re all trying to work together. It’s a very different concept from most boardgames.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    Shathis wrote:
    Paul, I’ve taken the opportunity to download some of the videos you have available on Yog Sothoth. If you ever get the chance, we’d love to hear some of your non-RPGMP3 sessions sometime. If you have any on tape , that is.

Look out for more in the coming weeks. Not immediate, but in the near-ish future!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Yes, Arkham Horror is wonderful. I highly suggest that RPGMP3 do at least a write up of opinions on it. I just got back from a six hoour session of play, and it is a beast of a board game. I love it to death. I need to go buy it now. Complex, hard, and fun as all get out.

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Sorry for the thread necromancy but I just played this game last night for the first time with two other people who also hadn’t played it before…

It seems tough but we had fun! We lost of course, but there were two separate points where the student with the sword of glory said “What do you mean, physical immunity?!”

Pheonix
    • Thri-kreen

Woah, is 6 and a half years of necro some kind of record? 😀

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear
    Pheonix wrote:
    Woah, is 6 and a half years of necro some kind of record? 😀

I looked for Arkham Horror and this was the only thread that I saw…maybe my search fu is off.

I will gladly take the necromancy award, but I think some spam bots have done better…

Pheonix
    • Thri-kreen

Necromancer_1005.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.