Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Are the players + DM enjoying the game?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

So your 4 sessions into the playing the Worlds Largest Dungeon – are you all enjoying it or think things could be better?

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I’m having a whale of a time! (Although we haven’t encountered a whale yet, but I bet the XPs will be massive! 😀 )

Maps have been an issue (and we know we’re not alone in that). The whiteboard we have in place is helping with that though. One day we may even find a plot?

Demonix
    • Orc

A plot?! Noooooooo! Not a plot! Surely….

The mapping does indeed cause a problem – using OHP sheets may be an idea, the DM can quickly put the sheet over the current map and draw in a bit of a map and then hand back to the players… I’m going to try and give this a go when I start to play.

OHP = Overhead Projector.

TheCrimsonScribe
    • Flumph

I’ve only listened to the first 2 sessions (yes, I’ve been slack), but surely you are smart adventurers and have worked out the plot already.

I mean how hard is it to figure out that you are trapped underground with hordes of nasty monsters – should be all the plot you need.

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

Gerout is not happy as he is not permited to kill everything. Bastion keeps on stopping me when they surrender. Bah, everyone knows that orcs are unredeemably evil. At least thats what my human Grandad always said, luckily as I’m half human he was able to beat the evil out of me.

SteveB
    • Orc

I’m really enjoying it, and really look forward to the next session. It’s been quite a long time since I’ve played a character this piously good 😀 Admittedly I usually play clerics, so I know what I can do class-wise, but it’s really quite fun!

rizzard
    • Commoner

i don’t see how you guys could have a bad time. it seems that even when things go horrible(last session of your unseen masters game) you still make it great for you and us at home.

Demonix
    • Orc

I’m enjoying the game so far and its easy to notice that everyone involved is too… even when they are ill with a cold, got a bout of the hickups or have some weird laughing fit caused by the lack of Moutain Dew and food from online candy stores!

😀

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    I’m having a whale of a time! (Although we haven’t encountered a whale yet, but I bet the XPs will be massive! 😀 )

What challenge rating is plankton? 0.0001? Even so, I bet the whale would be MASSIVELY high level. The best part is, a whale in a DUNGEON is at a bit of a disadvantage!

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Shathis wrote:
    What challenge rating is plankton? 0.0001? Even so, I bet the whale would be MASSIVELY high level. The best part is, a whale in a DUNGEON is at a bit of a disadvantage!

If it’s not in there I think Hal should add it and play it like the whale from Hitchhiker’s Guide with the whole existential “why am I here?” thing before it gets splatted.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Demonix wrote:
    So your 4 sessions into the playing the Worlds Largest Dungeon – are you all enjoying it or think things could be better?

Now they are 24 sessions in and I would say they are enjoying themselves, especially Fin when he curses just to curse, always funny!

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:
    The best part is, a whale in a DUNGEON is at a bit of a disadvantage!

Not if it’s a land whale. They have legs for walking on land; OMGITALICS.

And yes, I do mean that guy that lives in my apartment complex who can threaten stairs with horrible crushing death at a glance.

I like to imagine the stairs have formed a support group and cry.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    EegahInc wrote:
    Shathis wrote:

If it’s not in there I think Hal should add it and play it like the whale from Hitchhiker’s Guide with the whole existential “why am I here?” thing before it gets splatted.

I prefer the Incarnation of agrojag. Oh no. Not again

Salubrai
    • Succubus

If every monster is in the WLD, is the Demogorgon in?

Rillietann
    • Bullywug

having not looked at the book dont quote me on this, but i dont think it is, i believe it has all the creatures from the monster manual/SRD so i guess the Tarrasque is in there somewhere 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.