Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Non Gaming Chat A Puzzle. . .

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Looking at the wording, they seem to wonder what the chance is of two silvers in a row – which is 1/3.

Slag
    • Commoner

I have been busy for a few days but here is the deal. I understand what is being stated.

The first choice is 33% chance of being right. No doubt there.

My arguement is that once you are allowed to choose between keeping your original selection (33%) or the other selection which was also 33% likely to be right then the result is equally likely or 50/50.

If you are telling me that the original choices odds do not reset then that must remain so for all of the original odds. Any of the choices was 33% chance of being right. I can understand the point of view of the 33/67 odds everyone is professing to be true, I just do not agree with it. I do not think revealing one unchosen option as untrue makes it reset the odds.

riddles
    • Succubus

Sorry, you can explain it to me until I’m blue in the face, but I still can’t see why it’s affected by the previous choice.

Take away 1 wrong answer to me doesn’t affect whether you’ve chosen correctly or not. No extra information is added to your choice.

But I’m the 1st to admit my maths is pretty cr*ppy these days, so I’ll accept I’m wrong… 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Non Gaming Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.