Tagged: frog god games
July 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm #560618RPGMP3 Newsbot
- Posts : 1658
These little horrors are slated to make their appearance in the second volume of Cyclopean Deeps. It turns out that they are a bit like Pathfinder’s goblins, although they are smaller and native to much deeper realms than the little psychopaths of the Pathfinder Roleplaying game.
Hit Dice: 1d3 hit points
Armor Class: 8 
Attack: Stone dagger (1d4), bite (1d3), or dart (1d2)
Special: Hit only by silver or magical weapons
Cairnshees are very small creatures 1-2ft tall, who inhabit the deepest of caves and caverns. They are wicked things that look like ugly, feral pixies without wings. They are apparently fey creatures, but they exhibit the very worst characteristics of the fey: they are merciless, territorial, capricious, and sneaky. Although they are expert at setting traps and ambushes, cairnshees do not have access to magic, sleep arrows, or other traditional weapons of the aboveground fey. They are, however, inordinately strong for their size, and can inflict as much damage with their small weapons as a creature twice as big.
From time to time, more civilized tribes of cairnshees might be encountered, but for the most part the cairnshees encountered in the deeps are essentially psychotic, fearless little murderers.
The rest is the OGL.
This printing is done under version 1.0a of the Open Game License, below.
Notice of Open Game Content: This product contains Open Game content, as defined in the Open Game License, below. Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of the Open Game License.
Designation of Open Game Content: All text within this productâ€”excluding any text on the inside or outside of the front or back cover or on the Credits pageâ€”is hereby designated as Open Game Content, subject to the Product Identity designation included in this Legal Appendix.
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (â€œWizardsâ€). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a) â€œContributorsâ€ means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b) â€œDerivative Materialâ€ means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) â€œDistributeâ€ means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d) â€œOpen Game Contentâ€ means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity; (e) â€œProduct Identityâ€ means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures; characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) â€œTrademarkâ€ means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor; (g) â€œUseâ€, â€œUsedâ€ or â€œUsingâ€ means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content; (h) â€œYouâ€ or â€œYourâ€ means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holderâ€™s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document Copyright 2003, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Swords & Wizardry Core Rules, Copyright 2008, Matthew J. Finch
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rules, Copyright 2010, Matthew J. Finch
Swords & Wizardry Monstrosities, Copyright 2013, Matthew J. Finch
Cyclopean Deeps, Copyright 2014, Matthew J. Finch, published by Frog God Games
- The forum ‘Industry News’ is closed to new topics and replies.