Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Fashionista Gamers A new direction for the Fashionistas

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    forgedchaos wrote:
    Yes I think I would love to hear the torture er.. process of Gilbert and Rolemaster character gen

Awesome – I don’t think we have done a Rolemaster character gen. Should be interesting. Plus it will give you guys some insight into my house rules for characters.

Really need to write them down… the house rules… 🙂

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    Agreed… Lets just say we need to get together to do Rolemaster characters…

I wonder if we should record character gen… opinions?

😛

To quote myself *cough* ROLEMASTER *cough* 😀 so yes please record character gen. 😀

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen
    forgedchaos wrote:
    Yes I think I would love to hear the torture er.. process of Gilbert and Rolemaster character gen

Seconded.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It may be pretty long – but I always find it interesting.

There are some many ways to tweak and adjust so even two versions of the same profession can give radically different characters.

Should be interesting…

Depending on what setting they choose I will see if it is appropriate to set up an NPC a well or if they can manage with what characters they create. It would be difficult to survive Rolemaster without a Healer or at the very least a very well stocked herb bag.

Keener
    • Drider

Nothing like a put upon healer to lighten the mood. 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yeah – depending on the tone we might just go with magic items, potions or herb instead of having a Healer.

They are one (if not the) most unkillable professions due to their amazing healing potential. I have never played one but I have seen some excellent ones played.

Healing if Rolemaster is a HUGE commitment. Being a successful healer really requires you to focus very much on spell lists and additional skills that compliment your healing.

I do have an interesting idea for a more immoral slanted healer however if things do go that way… 🙂

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Give them a Lay Healer. That way everyone can learn to appreciate a proper Healer.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Lay Healers are just rubbish by comparison 🙂 They are like the Diet Coke of Healers…

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

They are the tofu to the Healer’s prime rib. Really there simply isn’t any class that can even function for backup healing. You either run with a Healer or you take many ranks of Herb Lore.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

A lot of ranks in Herb Lore and search constantly…

At the very least you hope someone has Concussions Ways or some access to the very basic healing magics…

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Only problem with Healers is that unless you house rule that they get xp from the crits they heal (I always awarded them half), you very quickly end up with two or three 10th level Fighters supported by a 3rd level Healer. And that’s almost as unpleasant as having no Healer.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yeah – either that or ensure that they take a decent combat skill and get into combat and take some damage or perhaps get access to some lists that allow damage dealing (though thats a little difficult for a Channeler).

Having some good ideas for a less moral game… lots of options and opportunities I feel 🙂

Should be interesting stuff if we can get through character generation.

Keener
    • Drider

I think the concern would be with the healer dealing damage to there own party if Ned is the base line. 😀

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Maybe “I” could play the healer…

😈

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    Ieqo wrote:
    Only problem with Healers is that unless you house rule that they get xp from the crits they heal (I always awarded them half), you very quickly end up with two or three 10th level Fighters supported by a 3rd level Healer. And that’s almost as unpleasant as having no Healer.

I always felt bad for Ned, sometimes it seemed the only way he ever got xp was by purposefully throwing himself off cliffs and regenerating back from the dead.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)
  • The forum ‘Fashionista Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.