For the Haunted Tower of Tor Naether in the Paths of Gaeda game, I had a puzzle which needed to be solved to break a spell. The party had to gather weapons, psuedo-dragon parts, prayer medallions, and house insignia, then combine them correctly and infuse each group with the proper magic. It was very complicated and took two sessions to complete:
Main: "This house shall never fall, nor any live to despoil it’s dark splendor, while Rhadec Malygris sits in judgment of the fallen of Ge’an. Let only a true child of Ge’an restore what was sundered, if he have the will to try. "
“Five great houses did a dance of intrigue. Each House was blessed by an aspect of Ge’an, each did take of the essence of the Dragon, each did work Mighty Magics according to their mastery, and each did raise up its favored weapon. Who remembers now what part each played? Who knows the place and the order of each? Beware that house which took up the dagger, to the betrayal of all.”
- The House of Alric is blessed by Thunder.
- The House of Embric favors the Mace.
- The Mages of Indradath are the masters of Transmutation.
- The House blessed by Mist stands ever at the left hand of the House blessed by Wind.
- The Mages of the House blessed by Mist are the Masters of Enchantment.
- The House which takes the Scale of the Dragon favors the Spear.
- The House blessed by Rain takes the Blood of the Dragon.
- The Mages of the House which stands third in the cycle are the masters of Abjuration.
- The House of Naether stands first in the cycle.
- The House which takes the Wing of the Dragon stands close by the House which favors Poison as a weapon.
- The House which Favors the Sword stands close by the House which takes the Blood of the Dragon.
- The Mages of the House which takes the Horn of the Dragon are the Masters of Evocation.
- The House of Shadow takes the Sting of the Dragon.
- The House of Naether stands close by the House blessed by Lightning.
- The House which takes the Wing of the Dragon stands close by the House whose Mages are the Masters of Conjuration.