For those out there whose are feeling audio file deprived while RPGMP3 sits in development limbo, we have new audio for you (courtesy of Google Drive as downloadable MP3 files).
Sugar Fuelled Gamers presents The World's Most Wondrous Year, a Savage Worlds Pulp Adventure. As of this posting, it sits at 36 episodes, recorded from the very first session, and we intend to play the campaign to the finish. Until RPGMP3 rises from it's grave like the altered beast of yore, this thread is to serve as the new episode update, and general discussion thread for anyone who wants to comment!
It is 1899, the turn of the 20th Century. 23 years after extraordinary British scientist Phileas Fogg went around the World in 80 Days, he now seeks to better his own feat – to travel to any seven destinations on the planet, no matter how far, within the year. Fogg will then justifiably become the head of the Royal Academy of Science. There’s just one problem. Phileas Fogg is a cad, philander, murderer, and monster. Only a small group of heroes know the truth, and only they can stop him in an adventurous race around the world!
This is a pulp adventure in the style of Indiana Jones, with our heroes travelling the world and facing adventures from a variety of different pulp-filtered genres, from Mystery, Mummies, Pulp Archeology (death-traps!), light Horror, Espionage, and are heading into Time Travel and Dinosaur Safari.
Link to Audio Downloads
- Jared as the GM
- Helen as 'Pittsburgh' Pete Morrison, square jawed American hero
- Miriam as Dr Johnathan Hannah, renowned mummy-phobic Egyptologist with shifty eyes
- Susan as Dr Amanda Strange, rich dillentante, occultist, scientist, and general eccentric who believes her cat can talk to her, and is inhabited by her dead husband's spirit.
- Mara Priscilla Mimieax, time travelling 10 year old Eloi girl from the ruined future.
- Grant as Bernard Pendlebury / James Fogg, allegedly a simply butler, but secretly Phileas Fogg's thought-murdered brother.
- Jan as Jeremy Wright, mad clockwork scientist
- Yerin as Special Investigator Rosemary Darling, British police officer.
System: Savage Worlds, Pulp Edition
Special Notes: This is a slightly homebrewed version of Savage Worlds, set up for Pulp rules and based on the Thrilling Tales sourcebook. We've made some skill changes and added a travel system, but it's mostly Savage Worlds in all it's glory.
Frequency of sessions: 3 sessions in a month, very consistently
Length of sessions: Around 2.5 - 3 hours, consistently.
Special Thanks To:
- Pinnacle Entertainment Group (PEG), makers of Savage Worlds.
- Intro music "Jade" by Scott Buckley http://www.scottbuck...u/library/jade/ used with permission under Creative Commons License.
- Our Egyptian Adventure "The Strange Expedition and... The Secrets of Sekhmet!" is strongly inspired by The Shadows of Sekhmet, an Any-System Key Scenario by Peter Schweighofer.
- Our Transylvanian Adventure "The Strange Expedition vs... The True Terrors of Transylvania!" is an adaption of The Trial of the Beast, Paizo's second book of the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.
- Our Amazon Adventure "The Strange Expedition vs... The Crocodile Cult!" is an adaption of PEG's free pulp Savage Worlds adventure, The Eye of Kilquato.
Who are the Sugar Fuelled Gamers?
For those of you who like episode synopses, here they are (spoiler tagged for those who prefer to listen blind!)