#21 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:26 PM

I'm a guy who can stare into the abyss without flinching.

You forgot this abomination...

#22 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Morwen definitely doesn't seem to be working out as instantly as Feylin did. She needs a schtick to achieve Feylin levels of awesomeness.

I rather like Morwen, but one of the differences I see between her and Feylin is that Feylin and crew where initially out for a day hike as a favour to their friend Bastion and got trapped for weeks in dungeon-prison hell. This lead easily to a focus on getting out and the occasional whinning about missing family, etc.
Morwens initial motivation was to lay low (Something adventuring parties are notoriously bad at) and to replace her ship which either requires piracy at the port or the accumulation of a fairly substantial wealth, neither of which lends to quick, offhand soundbites.

#23 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:31 AM

I just loved the 'tour of temples' Steve and Richards' characters went on.
"Welcome to the house of the God of Ale! :D You must drink with us!"
(very Animal House, I half-expected the NPCs to start chanting "Toga, toga"...)

#24 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Morwen definitely doesn't seem to be working out as instantly as Feylin did. She needs a schtick to achieve Feylin levels of awesomeness.

I rather like Morwen, but one of the differences I see between her and Feylin is that Feylin and crew where initially out for a day hike as a favour to their friend Bastion and got trapped for weeks in dungeon-prison hell. This lead easily to a focus on getting out and the occasional whinning about missing family, etc.

"I miss my mum... I'm not going anywhere until my mum comes and gets me..."

Morwens initial motivation was to lay low (Something adventuring parties are notoriously bad at) and to replace her ship which either requires piracy at the port or the accumulation of a fairly substantial wealth, neither of which lends to quick, offhand soundbites.

Unless she's talking about "flavoring her rat"... Which can only be something dirty...

#25 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

But she's clearly said "my rat does NOT live on my body."

#26 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

But she's clearly said "my rat does NOT live on my body."

In?

Is she from the Richard Gere school of magic then?

#27 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationzurich, switzerland

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

hi guys. why did you post linkt to tubgirl and goatse?

ah right, i remember, when i was 15 i also got a hard on finding sites like rotten.com.

#28 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

hi guys. why did you post linkt to tubgirl and goatse?

ah right, i remember, when i was 15 i also got a hard on finding sites like rotten.com.

Ummm... If you looked at the link info at the bottom of your browser window, you'll note we only linked the wikipedia page that tells what they are, not links to the pictures themselves...

I would sooner shoot myself than cause anyone to actually see either pic...

And the smarmy comment coming from the guy that went hunting up homoerotic pics to post... Cauldron, meet kettle...

#29 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

i hope our friendship doesnt have to end.
i post images i find funny. thats why i post them.
you indirectly inform about these sites. what's your desired reaction provoked in the viewer? that was my question in the first place.

#30 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Does this require yet another posting of ManThong?

#31 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

regular panties, no thong.
but hey, im sorry bad man, of course i can stop that.
or we open a thread for those that find it funny, one for the tubgirl fans, and so on.

#32 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

Oh, I didn't say I fon't find it ammusing, but I am a mean sober and it is hours still before I can drink.

#33 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

You need to learn to drink at work Thing

#34 MattSheridan

MattSheridan

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, US

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:41 PM

i hope our friendship doesnt have to end.
i post images i find funny. thats why i post them.
you indirectly inform about these sites. what's your desired reaction provoked in the viewer? that was my question in the first place.

I can't speak for swj719, but I imagined that a link to the real thing would be received rather badly. I'm not really sure I understand your objection to the Wikipedia articles, however.

#35 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

Funny like
Posted Image

#36 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

Yep thats the army for you. :O 8O :D

#37 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:29 AM

Fin and Steve D both seem to have a better idea of what their characters' want to do in any given situation, so far, and they've been good fun. But I think my favorite member of the party isn't even a PC: Ernst is just great.

You have no idea just how hard it is to stay impulsively in character. As a rule I generally play more studied characters. Not quite as prim and proper as Steve B, but at least tactically aware. Throwing myself directly into a combat or blissfully ignoring the party attempts to search carefully is a strain sometimes.

I'm kind of warming to Korgash now though. He's not quite how I envisaged him being, but then things generally aren't. I am grateful to Fin for providing him with a brother to back him up against the up-tight city-folk.

Morwen will probably be ok, once she decided once and for all that our side of the fence is the one where she can find wealth beyond the dreams of avarice, excitement, adventure and really wild things, and fun, fun, fun! :lol: I thought we had her when she came burgling with us, but she's been back-sliding. Time for Corvan and Korgash to take her for a nights carousing I think. . .

#38 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:45 AM

You have no idea just how hard it is to stay impulsively in character. As a rule I generally play more studied characters. Not quite as prim and proper as Steve B, but at least tactically aware. Throwing myself directly into a combat or blissfully ignoring the party attempts to search carefully is a strain sometimes.

My last character was an insanely charismatic bard with a frighteningly low wisdom. Unfortunately a lot of the party defered to me for tactics and it took them to realize my character was willing to accept anything people through out as a good idea.

Of course the DM was notorious for throwing encounters are way that where way to high a challenge rating for the party to see if we could think our way around those problems so we saw a lot of character deaths. Luckily my bard was exemplary at fleeing when the time came and was able to record the story of many a hero.

#39 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

this forum just feels empty without

Posted Image

#40 Will_Save

Will_Save

Kobold