Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

Greetings happy gamers!

I have exciting news about a new RPG on Kickstarter!  I am helping a friend of mine fund and publish a RPG called Papers and Paychecks. 

He's written the game for a non-profit gaming club (RPG Review Cooperative) and all the proceeds will go to that club - check us out if you are in Australia!

However with all Kickstarters, if the target isn't reached no money is paid or received.

We have 25 days to raise about AU$3000!

With your help we can reach that target.

"Papers & Paychecks" of course comes from the classic cartoon by Will McLean in the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Masters Guide from 1979.  It features a group of fantasy characters speculating that they are in "workers and students in an industrialized and technological society".
papers+paychecks+paycheques+pay+cheques+
Inspired by the cartoon, the game posits a comic of modern working life where what can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst possible time. If
you like TV series such as  'Drop The Dead Donkey', 'Corner Gas', 'The IT Crowd', 'The Office', 'Utopia', 'Interns'  and anything by Armando Iannucci then this game is for you.

Using a well-known traditional core mechanics, the game system also has a number of novel features from contemporary design, and inverts some
traditional tropes. It is easy to pick up to those new to RPGs and yet contains intricacies which will delight the experienced gamer.

The game is funny, insightful, and a pledge would make a great gift for the festive season.

However most importantly it will raise funds for a local gaming club which provides for a number of different gaming groups, a online magazine, a
substantial gaming library and more.

Please back "Paypers & Paychecks".

https://www.kickstar...s-and-paychecks

Slartibartfast

#2 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

supported :)

#3 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Ken!  Much appreciated.

#4 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

For those of you yet undecided in supporting our Kickstarter we are nearly funded, so get in quick! We have only AU$1000 and 10 days to go!  The production team is rapidly running our of fingernails to bite...

Lev Lafayette our lead designer has done an interview with the Hardboiled GMshoe which goes into detail about the ethos, background and mechanics of the game.  It is well worth checking out if you are curious about the final product!

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

"Papers & Paychecks" of course comes from the classic cartoon by Will McLean in the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Masters Guide from 1979.  It features a group of fantasy characters speculating that they are in "workers and students in an industrialized and technological society".

tumblr_ohxjn82Xra1ro2bqto1_500.jpg

Multi-classed cleric/rules lawyer (Will McLean, The Dragon No 22, TSR, Feb 1979).

#6 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

We have funded guys!  Thanks for your support!  We still have 5 days to go too so anyone still thinking of supporting us for what will be an awesome rpg now is the time!  $5 for a pdf!  Anyone in retail wanting to know about stocking

I'm in the play-test group, although my character just died, beaten to death by Kiwi bikies...  Our current campaign is a sort of My Life With Master, in the office.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: papers and paychecks, osr, rpg, personal project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge