3 replies to this topic

#1 Greyshaft

Greyshaft

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

Hi Hal

Just wondering if you plan any more d&d 5E content/adventures on youtube like the 'Lost mines'  I for one could do with the fix as my 2 year campaign of 'The Rise of Tiamat' will be ending soon and I need some thing, anything.

#2 Texan

Texan

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX (Westchase)

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

Not very likely if you listened to the last Lost Mines podcast.  After trying the intro module they pronounce it inferior to Pathfinder.

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:41 AM

Wouldn't exactly say inferior. But, for me at least, not as satisfying to play as I prefer a greater breadth of options. It is a very solid system and good for what it does.

I think if anything some of the critique had to do with the adventure writing and how it presented the game. I still can't quite forgive it for that hazard in the goblin cave that caused big damage with no save or roll and just seemed so arbitrary. And I think the official modules are "hard as balls" from what I've heard, so critique of the adventure writing wouldn't stop if using officially published material.

But the system itself is good. Probably I'd enjoy it more as a spell caster class or outright GMing.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

Curse of Strahd has gotten some positive reviews, though - but if the official modules aren't to your tastes, why not try some fan creations?

For example, Encounter Roleplay has published a bunch of free D&D 5E scenarios, including The Fasting Worm at the Spider Feast, Fishing for Gods in Strade’s Gallows, and The Sun Goes Down with a Ruby Smile.

smallwormtitle-800x445.png

Haven't personally played any of them, but the titles sound pretty appetizing. ;) If Hal or Lockhart decided to DM some of these, the site could also get a bit of free publicity, since Encounter Roleplay would probably be happy to post a link to the play-thru podcast of their adventure.

They even released one on Hal's birthday, called The Shaman of Shamblers! :) It looks like a fairly fun, short adventure, which could be used for a one-shot.

...And of course, you could still try Burlesque House Siege. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge