#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:30 AM

http://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1367

File Name: The Pirates of Drinax Session 07

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 04 Sep 2016

File Category: GURPS

Genre: Sci-Fi
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Our heroes venture aboard a deserted space station. Deserted. Right.

Nick - GM
RogerBW - Sir Vorick of Mansel
Jason - Grigori
Martin - Dr Tycho Kirin
Riddles - Tunnock T. Cake
Jon - "Coyote" Jones
Amelia - Chak'Tagra

(Intro includes Creative Commons music from Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com.)
(Edited and uploaded by RogerBW; blame me if it doesn't work.)

Click here to download this file

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:19 AM

I'm just listening through this campaign for the second time (Well done! You out did yourselves with puns, double entendres and erratic dice rolling!).

I'm thinking of running this campaign in GURPS as @LordOfOne did.  Does it work in that system? Is it too sandboxy? Was there plenty of fun, above and beyond just hanging out?

#3 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

I'm just listening through this campaign for the second time (Well done! You out did yourselves with puns, double entendres and erratic dice rolling!).

I'm thinking of running this campaign in GURPS as @LordOfOne did.  Does it work in that system? Is it too sandboxy? Was there plenty of fun, above and beyond just hanging out?

I think it works really well in GURPS, but I am a fan of the system - I think this campaign suits the crunchiness of GURPS very well. I'm running it in 4th edition, because I'm a sucker for shiny new things. Conversion is very easy - the main pain is the starships. I'd strongly recommend GURPS Starships, which is only available as a PDF I believe, and some of the supplements (there's one on tramp freighters which I have found invaluable).

The campaign itself is very sandboxy - the danger of which (as is happening with my group slightly) is that it can feel a little aimless, depending on your players. Given that all of mine are generally work-shy freeloaders with no get up and go, dynamism or spunk, I am finding that I am having to use my considerable powers of charisma quite a lot. They're given a VERY broad remit at the start, which some players will love. However, there are 10 set adventures which are not nearly so sandboxy to sprinkle in along the way - my group is still working on adventure 1. I feel like I panicked and threw that in a little bit too early before they'd had a chance to enjoy being space pirates.

Happy to give further advice! We're running another few sessions now after a brief foray into Pendragon.

PS I was only joking about my players' spunk.

#4 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

One thing I've found whilst listening to this I feel a certain urge to munch upon a certain Scottish mallow filled fancy

#5 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Nic, that's given me some good ideas. I was wondering how few GURPs supplements I could get away with buying (obviously I need all of them but other things like finances / life partners / jobs and dependants keep vying for my attention). 

From what I've heard of your players they needed the gentle prod of the plot hammer to get them focused.  Combined with a sandboxy setting it at least gives the impression of player agency too.

One thing I've found whilst listening to this I feel a certain urge to munch upon a certain Scottish mallow filled fancy

In Oz they are one of those ex-pat nostalgia tax luxuries.

#6 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Did any of the later Pirates or new Pendragon sessions get recorded per chance?

:)

#7 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

Some can be found here

https://www.ukrolepl...forum.php?f=233

#8 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

@kendoyle659 you super star! That is awesome news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge