#1 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

http://strandgamers....-strand-gamers/

Nicholas is hanging up the hat, but had his start here at RPGMP3.com, after being a listener of both RPGMP3.com and www.yog-sothoth.com.

His website will be up for at least through the end of the year, with over a thousand hours of audio available.

#2 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Downloading a local copy now

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

Sad news, indeed. :( If they're planning on shutting down the Strand site, maybe they could contact Hal and get the files uploaded here?

How dare you sir. No attempt to raise funding? No more Starwars or Strahd? No more Masks or the return of Masquerade (on which i personally have been bating)? Muzzling the Olympic caliber charm of your wife? And all for your “career”? Hal had the decency to procreate to validate our abandonment. We’re all capitalists here; shill baby shill.

Wait, when did Hal and Lindsay have a baby? (Unless Ruby is secretly a small child in a pug costume.)

Well, as someone that’s been around from pretty much the beginning (I still remember asking to join in at RPGMP3 as meat in your kingmaker game after half the party wiped), I will sorely miss being able to stop by and listen to my weekly dose of crazy. You guys are pretty much the only podcast I’ve listened to with any regularity (especially since RPGMP3 hasn’t been putting a lot of interesting stuff out lately)

Well, there's a shiny fresh batch of Greyhawk games and some OOTAK goodness to dig into! :)

PS: Hey @Twyst, you might wanna check out that link, if you're interested in more audio editing tips & tricks.

#4 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

http://strandgamers....-strand-gamers/

Nicholas is hanging up the hat, but had his start here at RPGMP3.com, after being a listener of both RPGMP3.com and www.yog-sothoth.com.

His website will be up for at least through the end of the year, with over a thousand hours of audio available.

I believe Nicholas made an aside in the session after he announced the end of Strand Gamers that the audio might be hosted here on rpgmp3 in the longer term.  Did anyone else hear that or was that my wishful ears?

#5 Ishcumbeebeeda

Ishcumbeebeeda

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Downloading a local copy now

Hi there. Sorry about the thread necro, but I've been looking for somewhere to download the strand gamer podcasts for little while now. Back when Nick announced The End I downloaded a local copy as well; or, at least, I thought I had. I stupidly didn't bother checking any of the downloads and just kept streaming the podcasts until the site went down, as streaming was more convenient for me to listen to them during my commute.

When the site went down I tried my downloads only to find that every file was either too corrupted to play or truncated. This thread has been my best lead so far as every site I can find with a download link refers back to strandgamers.com. I was hoping you might be willing to share the copy you made. Via Google drive, or Dropbox, or as a torrent maybe?

#6 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Sure. I'll look into options and let you know. I'll try and get them in a Onedrive folder. Will probably take a few days to sort.

@Hal let me know if you need any

#7 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

34 gig to upload 4.5 done

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

We had a chat and we agreed to host the files - I need to get them moved over to the RPGMP3 server and connected up.

I was intending on doing it as part of the next version go live so if you are able to send me a link to the online files you are uploading, @kendoyle659 I will get them downloaded and hosted for posterity :)

Cheers

Hal :hal:

#9 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

https://1drv.ms/f/s!...A5QfyqHCuJHCuig

The link should be good for 60 days. Give me a shout if you need it after. 

#10 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

has this worked for people?

#11 Reverse

Reverse

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Worked for me, kendolyne (at least for the Avatar files, all that I was interested in and didn't already have). Thanks for taking the initiative to keep them preserved!

#12 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

No worries. Hadn't tried sharing like this before so just wanted to check it worked

#13 Kimpire

Kimpire

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:41 AM

I miss Strand Gamers so much. They're wonderful and hilarious.

I downloaded a local copy of their backlog myself, but two of the files got messed up. So thank you so much, kendoyle659, for making it available (though it's a bit of a shame that I had to download a 5-GB file just to grab from inside it the one mp3 that didn't work.)

I'll be glad to reciprocate, if any of your files didn't download properly while my copy is complete.

#14 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

Many thanks for the offer. I've not come across any corrupt files but I'll be sure to give you a shout if I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge