#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:42 AM

Thought I'd let you know what's happening at the Hall. There are several T&T sessions waiting to be uploaded to the site, after which I'm going to stop recording the sessions I run. Technical problems with my PC and Internet connection remain annoyances, but mainly I think I need to return to dealing with games as purely fun and relaxation for those of us at the table, albeit a virtual one at this time.

Other Whartson Hall members may well continue to post audio sessions (as Roger is doing with Nick's Traveller adventure), so we're not necessarily vanishing. Since I shan't be contributing files I'm also stepping down from moderating the forum: it's a very light duty, but still a responsibility.

For now, keep an eye open for more T&T and Traveller, Keep gaming and let's get more chat and discussions going on the forum.

amoeba_zpsz65fyudq.jpg

#2 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Thanks very much for all the recordings that you've sent over the years. I can understand that the recordings add to the complexity of getting things to run. Hope you continue to have fun at the gaming table. If you change your mind in future I will be eager to hear more. I will also try and post more on the forums. I had a good experience with tech in a space horror game that I've been meaning to post my thoughts about on here for some time.

Cheers and thanks again

#3 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:31 AM

The recordings have been and continue to be immensely enjoyable and I very much appreciate the introduction to forgotten futures. Thank you for the hard work contributed.

If you need some cinnamon gum to enjoy as you pursue fun for fun's sake let me know and I look forward to join the advocacy group to make certain you receive additional compensatory jet-packs from that Marsh character.

#4 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

Just wanting to add my own thank you for the recordings you contributed over the years. I've enjoyed Chill and Flight 13, am working my way through Wild Talents and look forward to plunging through the rest of your archive in the coming months! Hope you guys continue to have fun with your sessions.

BTW, I recently bought an XTC CD on Amazon solely because you said of your Slideways game that "All of the adventures were based on or inspired by songs by the band XTC, Swindon's finest." I thought "If someone can be into a band enough and in such a way that they base their RP sessions on the band's songs, this band has GOT to be worth checking out!"

(If you ever base any sessions on *misheard* song lyrics, please let this board know how that goes!)

#5 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

"So long, and thanks for all the audio"  Will you still be participating in other WH sessions that are being recorded?  I especially enjoy your pithy comments and asides.

#6 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

Thank you all for the kind comments. Greatly appreciated.

Yes, I'm still playing regardless of whether or not the sessions are recorded. They just won't be recorded and uploaded by me :)

#7 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

Thank you very much for all the recordings. They've lifted my spirits when I was in quite dark places. 

#8 RogerBW

RogerBW

Toad

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

I'm continuing to record the WH sessions I'm present for - it's a fairly low-impact setup for me, if distressingly analogue (it really ought to be easier to pull a direct digital feed off the software, and I'm a fairly technical sort of chap). I'll keep uploading too.

(I enjoyed the old recordings so much, I joined the group.)

#9 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

many thanks :)

#10 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

I'm continuing to record the WH sessions I'm present for - it's a fairly low-impact setup for me, if distressingly analogue (it really ought to be easier to pull a direct digital feed off the software, and I'm a fairly technical sort of chap). I'll keep uploading too.

(I enjoyed the old recordings so much, I joined the group.)

Roger is very much the Victor Kiam of our group. I even sold him my crappy old razor.

#11 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

BTW, I recently bought an XTC CD on Amazon solely because you said of your Slideways game that "All of the adventures were based on or inspired by songs by the band XTC, Swindon's finest." I thought "If someone can be into a band enough and in such a way that they base their RP sessions on the band's songs, this band has GOT to be worth checking out!"

Great band and cool idea.  Been a fan of theirs since I heard "Dear God"  then picked up their other stuff.

#12 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

Roger is very much the Victor Kiam of our group. I even sold him my crappy old razor.

No evidence that he's tried using it ;)

#13 Tim J

Tim J

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

Many thanks for all the recordings that you have made for the benefit of posterity.

There is nothing better on a long drive than the mixture of RPGing and innuendo that is Whartson Hall at its best.

Many thanks to Roger for keeping us supplied.

#14 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:06 AM

Just wanted to add my thanks to BJB for all the entertainment and recording you've been doing for our vicarious benefit.  I really appreciate the effort you've put in - it's not something I have the time/energy/competence to pull off.  I hope there will be many more years!

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

I've been feeling very nostalgic for T&T of late, thanks for this fix!

#16 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

I've been feeling very nostalgic for T&T of late, thanks for this fix!

And it'll be coming to a portable device near you before too long.

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

Exellent!

I miss the simplicity of things like TTYF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge