Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Hey folks,

As this is a pretty short session - due to the fact we were all suffering greatly in the huge heat wave we had, I thought I would release it now for you all to enjoy.

I am still not getting a massive amount of feedback on this game so get talking about it you lot :D

What do you think of the characters? I think we are having a massive issue between Law and Chaos in the party and this will come even more clear shortly ;)

The Banewarrens Session 4

Enjoy folks :D

Hal :hal:

PS Apologies if you can hear the fan in the background. I tried to take out the noise but it turned Steve into a character from Tron (as he was sat close to it) so I have done my best to reduce it to a minimum :D

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

No horray?

:(

Sigh!

Goes back to wallpapering the bathroom!

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

What?!

Now we patrons are only 1 ahead.

Ok, I now I can't guilt more out of you and so you don't get the wrong idea I am very happy with the audio and all that. ;)

#4 mk

mk

Goblin

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

Just got back home, man. Not feeling so good.

I have been enjoying listening to the Banewarrens, though. Thanks for putting them up.

Oh yeah, HOORAY!

#5 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

What?!

Now we patrons are only 1 ahead.

Ok, I now I can't guilt more out of you and so you don't get the wrong idea I am very happy with the audio and all that. ;)

But I thought that our purpose as patrons was to guilt more episodes out of Hal. Awww, Shucks

#6 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

No horray?

:(

Sigh!

Goes back to wallpapering the bathroom!

I"m loving the eps... They are very entertaining, though since I'm listening to WLD for the first time, Banewarrens is having a hard time holding it's own in the "oh god that's funny" dept...

#7 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:45 AM

Loving the new episodes!

Session 4 seems like it only kept going because Hal was standing over you lot with a whip saying
"Roleplay dammit! I don't care if you're melting, that's no excuse :twisted: "

And am I alone in jumping up and down part way through this recording and going "Ooo, he's dodgy, that's the bad guy!" (I've watched too many CSIs... :D )

#8 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:24 AM

It was SOOOOO hot...im not much of a heat lover anyway, i prefer autumn but it was truly boiling in our attic that night...it wasnt at all pleasent...

However, we coped, such is our love of you lot!

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

i'm sure that is part of Hals insideous plan in moving to Texas.

It will be too hot to go outside so you will want to stay inside in the air conditioning and role play all the time.

#10 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:31 AM

I'm loving the banter between the players, but to be perfectly honest, I'm having a hard time following more than snippets of the audio. I get really confused trying to puzzle it all out for some reason. I don't know if it's just me, something about the audio, or something about the adventure, or a combination of all three.

#11 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:44 AM

I'm loving the banter between the players, but to be perfectly honest, I'm having a hard time following more than snippets of the audio. I get really confused trying to puzzle it all out for some reason. I don't know if it's just me, something about the audio, or something about the adventure, or a combination of all three.

It has to be said that it is rather a change of gear plot wise compared to the WLD. To be honest it was always going to be an issue. What could be simpler that "You are stuck in a Dungeon - off you go, find the exit!?"

I think the player confusion at the plot is also coming out as well. The plot is dripped to them as the adventure progresses. There is no way to give it to them all at once although I am in the process of restructuring the game so that the party does not explode due to law and chaos issues :D

#12 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

That must be it. I have to have clear goals when I'm playing or I lose interest quickly I also have to have at least a sketch of a map or I lose track of where I've been and I stop caring where the group goes. Having the plot drizzled to me the way it seems like the plot is being drizzled to them would drive me crazy. :)

#13 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

I find it a bit frustrating too, but its hard for Hal to do anything other than what the game requires. I understand this, but it still frustrates the hell out of me.

Im struggling with the plot of the game, and my character...i think i need to try and get a grip on both and make the game more interesting for everyone...

#14 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

I find it a bit frustrating too, but its hard for Hal to do anything other than what the game requires. I understand this, but it still frustrates the hell out of me.

Im struggling with the plot of the game, and my character...i think i need to try and get a grip on both and make the game more interesting for everyone...

Or you could just go with what worked to get you stuff in WLD...

Sleep with the GM... :)

#15 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:13 AM

Im expanding my range, and trying to roleplay without any help from the Gm, he never gave me anything good anyway... :wink:

#16 sad_genius

sad_genius

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:41 AM

Is it me, or are the links for session 4 all brokenbrokenbroken?

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:00 AM

Seem to work OK for me!

Try: Banewarrens Session 4 Direct Link

Hope that helps :P

#18 sad_genius

sad_genius

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

... Seems to be 2.3k to me .. It might be that work is having network problems.

#19 sad_genius

sad_genius

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

Oh, and thanks for the help!

#20 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

Oh, I definitely understand the tribulations of a GM being limited by the game/story he or she is running. I actually dumped a game (The Age of Worms story arc from Dungeon) because I didn't like the tone of the upcoming modules. Note: Not suggesting that is what Hal should do!

And we can be slow plot disliking buddies, Lindsay. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge