• Create Account
Photo

Greetings from Britain! (an island off the coast of France)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

A longish-time listener - I started listening to the Yorkton Gamer Guild's Jade Regent podcasts in September - I've only just signed up for an account here, and became a patron because I intend to keep on listening for a long time to come... so had probably better pay something to offset the load on the server from all those downloads!

(I'm also rather a fan of the Fighting Fantasy playthroughs at Pod Your Own Adventure. So I thought I'd give it a plug here.)

I haven't actually played Pathfinder or D&D, although I played a lot of solo "gamebook" adventures as a child and have recently dabbled with Magic: The Fun-But-Expensive Gathering. I do, as you've probably guessed, rather enjoy RPGs as a spectator sport, and read Darths and Droids regularly and "Knights of the Dinner Table" semi-regularly.

So... thanks to the good people who run this site and who play their games for providing so much entertainment that I can listen to while doing tedious housework!

PS. My real name is in fact Amy - "Jamie McCrimmon" was a companion from 1960s Doctor Who, and I've always loved the Troughton, Pertwee and Tom Baker eras. I'm also transgendered, which is why my Patron donations are coming out of an account with the name "James". But I can assure you that my surname is not McCrimmon and that I've never travelled in a police box with a strange man and an astrophysicist.

#2 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

Greetings from across the pond. What is this Britain place you talk of? Is it great? I'm in virgin territory myself.

#3 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Greetings from across the pond. What is this Britain place you talk of?

Well, it's where I come from, and I did point out that it was an island off the coast of France. I forgot to mention that there's a slightly smaller island just to the west of it though.

It's slightly famous for Midsomer and Saint Mary Mead, two rural locations where the weekly murder rate is so high it's as if Jessica Fletcher had taken up permanent residence. Still, as long as you're not a fictional character, they're quite easy to avoid.

#4 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Welcome to our own little TARDIS on the Web. Always nice when people move from listening to becoming patrons, posting on the forum and all, so I hope we can look forward to your comments on the game sessions as you delve deeper. Don't worry if you hear the Cloister Bell.

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

Let me make a formal welcome to you Amy! Glad you're enjoying the YGG games. As a patron you'll also have access to one of the first YGG campaigns I ran and recorded (initially for my own archival purposes) which is the lovely Tomb of Haggemoth module.

Plenty of good games and groups here (I need to get back to contributing properly) and hope you enjoy and stick around! Love the comments.

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:38 AM

Welcome! :)

A longish-time listener - I started listening to the Yorkton Gamer Guild's Jade Regent podcasts in September

You mean, September 2015? Heck, some people lurked for years on the site before they made their first comment, so a couple of months is hardly a long time to wait, by local standards. ;)

BTW, if you've discovered that you're a member of the Lockhart fan club, you might wanna check out some of the other gaming audio he's been a part of, such as the Lost Mine of Phandelver D&D 5E campaign, or some Pathfinder with Hal & Co., e.g. Temple of Time or Shattered Star.

Oh, and there's also a couple of one-shots with Lockhart that aren't in the YGG section, such as the Trail of Cthulhu adventure The Murderer of Thomas Fell, and the excellent Swamp InSpectres one-shot.

(I'm also rather a fan of the Fighting Fantasy playthroughs at Pod Your Own Adventure. So I thought I'd give it a plug here.)

There's also the RpgGamerDad podcast's Fighting Fantasy AP episodes.

PS. My real name is in fact Amy - "Jamie McCrimmon" was a companion from 1960s Doctor Who, and I've always loved the Troughton, Pertwee and Tom Baker eras. I'm also transgendered, which is why my Patron donations are coming out of an account with the name "James". But I can assure you that my surname is not McCrimmon and that I've never travelled in a police box with a strange man and an astrophysicist.

...Hmm, it's a shame @artemiswolfang hasn't visited the site in over 8 years, you might find that the two of you had something in common.

It's slightly famous for Midsomer and Saint Mary Mead, two rural locations where the weekly murder rate is so high it's as if Jessica Fletcher had taken up permanent residence. Still, as long as you're not a fictional character, they're quite easy to avoid.

Based on the weird and unbelievable stories that Hal and others have about Bradford, that place must be fictional, as well. ;)

Speaking of which, the Bradford Adventuring Guild here on the site have some amazing podcast episodes, too. (No transgender PCs, AFAIK... But on the other hand, their Old Woman NPCs do tend to sound a lot like Monty Python characters, so it's probably just as well.) ;)

d56a38c1ef401e5b7ab6bb8c3a3f927699258dd6

Since Christmas is fast approaching, I can recommend listening to some of the BAG's amazing seasonal one-shots; just look for the ones labeled Santa's Soldiers. (If you do an archive binge, you might even find some of the wonderful pictures they made during their traditional pre-game coloring contests.) :)

Be warned, though - you should probably avoid the ones labeled My Life with Santa, or (even worse), My Life with Pimp Santa, both featuring @Hal in his most... "festive" mood - unless you want to end up firmly entrenched on Santa's Naughty list. (Hilarious, but very very naughty.) ;)

tell-santa-how-naughty.gif

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Welcome :)

Wow Monkey - you are good at those long welcome messages that point to specific stuff... :P You should be Site PR Manager :D

Hal :hal:

#8 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

Thank you!

@PencilMonkey - I have listened to some of RPGGamerDad's playthrough of The Riddling Reaver. Unfortunately, he and his group skip past the first three acts in their entirety and start at the fourth part of the game. This is a big disappointment, as not only is most of the plot lost but the excellent settings (Kallamehr, the Voyage of Entropy on board the ghost ship, the jungle and the temple that turned out to be a sort of "front end" for a gigantic, vaguely-Cthulhuic beast) of these acts get missed out on.

And as for Artemis Wolfang and myself - I wonder if things might not end up a bit like:

http://www.venusenvy.../index.php?id=5

(some of you Paizo players might recognise the art style of the later strips on that site... ;-)

#9 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

And as for Artemis Wolfang and myself - I wonder if things might not end up a bit like:

http://www.venusenvy.../index.php?id=5

(some of you Paizo players might recognise the art style of the later strips on that site... ;-)

I used to read this comic for quite a while back in the day. Is the artist doing Paizo work now? I can't say I'd recognize the style immediately.

#10 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

I used to read this comic for quite a while back in the day. Is the artist doing Paizo work now? I can't say I'd recognize the style immediately.

I've sent a PM with the answer to that question. It's not a closely-guarded secret - Erin's real name always showed up if you donated, for instance - but I don't know if she's really mentioned publicly that it was her, so I thought I'd better not answer on the forums.

#11 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

Oh, this is annoying.

I updated Paypal with the number of my new credit card, but apparently I had to update the RPGMP3 Patron subscription separately with the new number (even though it goes through Paypal... mutter grumble).

As a result, I've only just discovered that the payment hasn't been getting through, and even though I've now fixed the problem, Paypal won't try to make the payment again until the 17th and there's nothing I can do to get it to do so earlier.

Apologies to Hal for that.

#12 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

I'm pretty sure I've done that too. Welcome!

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

A longish-time listener - I started listening to the Yorkton Gamer Guild's Jade Regent podcasts in September - I've only just signed up for an account here, and became a patron because I intend to keep on listening for a long time to come... so had probably better pay something to offset the load on the server from all those downloads!

Happy 1-year anniversary as a Yorkton Gamer fan (and all-round RPGMP3 listener), @JamieMcCrimmon! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge