• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:42 AM

Congratulations to the new(ly engaged) RPGMP3 power couple, @Heather and @Lockhart! :D

c61744eaf04fd8bfc68d38750366247c.jpg

Sept. 2, 2015

Lockhart and I are currently on vacation in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

We had a pleasant free breakfast at our hotel, which was a good start. Admittedly we were a little clumsy through out the day, little trips or bumping into things, so forth. Our venture lead us to Edmonton Mall; a mall so big, you could probably fit four basic malls, three blocks worth of restaurants, plus two small theme parks and still have room to walk; it was amazing.

There was hope to ride the roller coasters there, alas, Lockhart's stomach was acting up, and it just wouldn’t be as fun riding these things by myself, so we decided to move on and browse what we could of the mall. I found a Billy Connolly dvd in a British import shop, which I was just thrilled for. Snacks were purchased, along with drinks, basics such as that. We were leaving the cinema section of the mall for last, for that was where the famous automated dragon loomed, I heard it even breathed actual fire, which just sold it for me.

Five Hours later (yes, that’s not an exaggeration; it took us that long to just browse the place), we gravitated toward the floor where the movies/arcade are kept. I saw these fantastic looking gargoyles on pillars that guarded the doors to the cinema, a giant Batman “flying’ on a bat-platform to my left, a giant Yoda to my right… but no dragon. We later learned that the dragon, whom I was looking forward to see for so long, was retired and destroyed the previous year. Disappointment abound. We played some archade games, then decided to just out right kill our legs with DDR on novice/easy mode, then call it a day from there.

Lockhart expressed his disappointment and apologized several times that such a build up for the infamous dragon was for nothing, and I only assured him it was alright; it was what it was, there was so sense in sulking about it. then he asked me, once we were in the car:

“Would you like to know my plan that involved the dragon?”

That caught my curiosity and I just automatically answered yes, not really thinking about the true weight of his question.

“Well,” he began (and I’m doing my best not to paraphrase here), “I was hoping you’d be recording the dragon with your camera (which I forgot in the hotel room). While you were so awe-struck, I would ask you to turn around for a moment, then I’d kneel down and,” he trailed off, reached to his side pocket and pulls out a little black velvet box and slowly opened it.

“Oh my God,” I thought and covered my mouth as I stared at this gorgeous silver ring and its simple sparkling gem in the middle. “This is really happening. He’s actually doing it!”

Tears slowly built up in my eyes as he continued with his explanation, “I was going to ask you to marry me. I know this isn’t the most romantic location, be it not public or under the perfect circumstances. I missed my chance in Calgary Tower, and I hoped not to miss another one.” he paused and I looked up at him. He stated my full name softly and asked me officially, “Will you marry me?”

I was crying a little more openly at this point, “Yes!” I breathed and hugged his neck and did my best not to sob.

The rest is a bit of a blur. We went to a burger and soda place called “SodaJerk” get dinner, that would be when Lockhart admitted that he just proposed to me and I said yes to our waitress; who got excited and wanted to see the ring, which I proudly showed off. When she left to give us time to decide what we wanted, I took the opportunity to borrow Lockhart’s cell phone (because mine was being finicky about provinces apparently) and called my mom as soon as I could. When I concluded my call, we learned our drinks were on the house in celebration and congratulations towards us. Even the Manager came up to shake our hands and exchange a story of his own how he proposed to his own girlfriend. The remainder of the evening was dedicated to role playing and showing off my engagement ring to the couple who owned the hosting game store of the campaign, who also happened to be Lockhart’s godparents (he’ll probably split hairs about it, but they’re his second family, so it counts in my book).

By the time we got back to our hotel room, we were so tired, we just curled up and watched the last two episodes of the fifth season of Leverage and called it a night.

#I'm engaged #Wow #I edited the title because I thought it was the 3rd but really it was the 2nd

#She said yes

tumblr_nu2rcnfNiB1s8iff3o1_500.jpg

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:03 AM

Daaaawwwww!

Congratulations to you both!

#3 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

Congrats!

I quess Shadowrun got it right: Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon!

#4 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Congratulations!  :)

#5 Tulty

Tulty

Goblin

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations, guys! What wonderful news! :D

#6 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Congratulations!

Need to find old, new, borrowed and blue dice now for additional luck.

#7 Harper101

Harper101

Raven

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNottingham (UK)

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Congratulations, guys! It is such great news!

#8 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple!

#9 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

I am more than delighted to see so many congratulatory comments!  So sorry it took me two weeks to find this thread, but I squeed so hard I just had to thank you all!

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

I am more than delighted to see so many congratulatory comments!  So sorry it took me two weeks to find this thread, but I squeed so hard I just had to thank you all!

Actually, if you check the timestamp, you'll note that this thread was started on Thursday the 10th, so you're not really that late. ;)

#11 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

Congrats, roll dinkus!

#12 thom

thom

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

Congratulations!

#13 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

*Applause!*

Congratulations, you two! Welcome to your next adventure! :)

#14 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

Congratulations to you both

#15 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:35 AM

Adulations and congratulations!

#16 Kolobos

Kolobos

RPGMP3 Patron

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Congratulations!

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

Awkward Heather is Awkward and has a thing to say!

Forgive me if a chunk of this sounds blunt, but I need to get it out there. I don’t know if this’ll make people mad at me, or happy, or something; I just apologize in advance… So here we go!

From what I learned in prior months, it takes a permanent residency 15 months to process when a potential citizen chooses the marriage route when Canadian law is concerned. Granted, this is based off of one of my fiance’s coworker’s experience, but it’s roughly what we’re expecting.

So, Lockhart and I are technically eloping just to get the legal stuff underway and into the processing pot. I need to get a physical done, submit my fingerprints to the FBI and all sorts of things for my residency to pass. The first step is getting the marriage licencing thing out of the way and go through the other red-tapped layers. While that’s happening, I’ll be returning to the states for 12/15 of those months, working and saving up what I can before I move up there on a permanent basis.

This is merely, solely, and absolutely to get the legal stuff out of the way! There’s going to be a proper ceremony the following year around the anniversary date (which will be the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend awesomely enough <3 ). It’ll have the bells and whistles, all within reason of course, dresses, brides maids, a long guest list, the works, I promise!

This weekend, the licence will be officiated to be processed this weekend (Oct. 10th). I was a total dweeb and thought to keep it to myself because I thought since we’re going to continue the fiance mentality about it, it wasn’t going to be that important. However, I’m finally brave enough to post it publicly and not rely on my mom to test the social-waters for me. Secrets and me don’t really get along anyhow. >.>;

On a plus note, we figured out a Save the Date, which I believe would fall on October 9th, 2016. I’ll be making the adorable invites and reminders to people, I’ll be working in the states to save up for a trip to see my buddy Starry and attend her wedding that June, then I’ll be saving up for my own that following October. That’s the plan anyway.

Oh! Fun fact about the province I’m in: Saskatchewan’s civil ceremonies do not take place in a court room as many people in the United States would expect. In fact, the civil ceremonies take place in Funeral Homes instead! I kid you not, it’s an honest to the cosmos fact. Our Officiator is going to be a Funeral Director, isn’t that awesome? I always wanted to be part of the Adams Family. :)

Hey! At least you know it’s going to look pretty when it happens. It’s just a building..that usually has coffins in it, but it’s fine! I honestly love the quirkiness of it. There is such humor and irony in it, it’s glorious, I’m going to love every moment of it and finally have a positive emotion when it comes to a funeral home (Lord knows I’ve been to plenty of funerals).

Moving on:

My mom expressed me an assortment of flowers I’ll be using for a bouquet too, because she’s awesome. I arranged them myself and so far I’m happy with it.

tumblr_inline_nvtyrpQK7n1rs86ha_540.jpg

Orange Lilies: The Flower of Saskatchewan, Lockhart's Home. Who is a growing center of my universe for following years to come.

Five Blue Bonnets: The state flower for Texas, my Home. Five because of the points of “The Lone Star” on our flag. And for balance reasons.

Two Yellow Roses: Also a symbol of Texas, they were also a theme to my mother’s wedding to my father, to represent friendship.

Pictures will be taken and shared the following weekdays, I swear to you all.

#I'm a goth wannabe #long post #getting married #heather in canada #pls don't hate me

Preemptive congratulations, you two! :D

#18 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:50 AM

Congrats!

#19 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

Congratulations!  Having nearly enjoyed 10 years with my wife I can say the best is yet to come :)

#20 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

Congratulations!  Having nearly enjoyed 10 years with my wife I can say the best is yet to come :)

FIngers crossed for the upcoming years indeed! Thank you so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge