12 replies to this topic

#1 thom

thom

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

Just a quick post so say hello. After a year of lurking I finally defeated my mail server's spam filter and managed to validate my account. I'm a huge fan of the site - I am especially looking forward to the next instalment of Shattered Star ...

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:21 AM

Hello and welcome!

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:32 AM

Welcome out of the shadows. :)

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

Hello there :)

More Shattered Star is coming very shortly :D 

Hal :hal:

#5 Harper101

Harper101

Raven

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNottingham (UK)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hello and welcome.

#6 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Salutations and greetings!

#7 thom

thom

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

Thanks - I will try and unruly (delurk?) more often. 

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Greetings and welcome. Module 4 of shattered star is within my hands, ready to challenge players with so much evilness.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

Greetings and welcome. Module 4 of shattered star is within my hands, ready to challenge players with so much evilness.

ORLY?

Pathfinder Adventure Path #64: Beyond the Doomsday Door (Shattered Star 4 of 6)

The hunt for the seven shards of the Shattered Star leads the heroes back to the western coast of Varisia, to the multifaith monastery known as Windsong Abbey. The next shard appears to be hidden somewhere within the dungeons below the abbey. But when the PCs arrive, they find the monastery in ruins and held by savage giants and twisted fey! An ancient terror has returned home, and now dwells within the levels beneath the monastery—a terror who hopes to open the dread doomsday door within!

This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Shattered Star Adventure Path and includes:

• “Beyond the Doomsday Door,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 10th-level characters, by Tito Leati.
  • Delve into the horrors of the Abyssal monstrosities known as qlippoth, by James Jacobs.
  • Learn about the faith of Groetus, God of the End Times, and the madness of his tortured clergy, by Sean K Reynolds.
  • The perils of being a junkie in Riddleport in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Bill Ward.

That last item sounds like something that might interest Nick, if he's joining the campaign. ;)

#10 thom

thom

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

You have been fairly non-evil as a GM. At least you handled the Seugathi death trap encounter rather sensitively! Most of the other issues were lack of flying and being a tad unlucky ...

#11 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

For 10th level adventurers?  IIRC, the party is about 47,000 XP away from 10th level. I would have thought being a party of three, they'd be slightly ahead of the power curve, unless the new party didn't inherit the old party's XP and started at the minimum for 9th level?  Don't remember what was done then....

Nevertheless, hearing forward to listening to this!

#12 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

You have been fairly non-evil as a GM. At least you handled the Seugathi death trap encounter rather sensitively! Most of the other issues were lack of flying and being a tad unlucky ...

I am a bit of a softie at times. It will be difficult to be soft with this module though. So many nasties to play with.

For 10th level adventurers?  IIRC, the party is about 47,000 XP away from 10th level. I would have thought being a party of three, they'd be slightly ahead of the power curve, unless the new party didn't inherit the old party's XP and started at the minimum for 9th level?  Don't remember what was done then....

Nevertheless, hearing forward to listening to this!

As of Session 44 they are a chunk into level 11 I believe, which is half a level of power ahead of what the adventure intends for a party of 4. I do believe they kept the same exp as the old party (I like even levelling and such. I punish new characters by lower WBL at start).

Apologies, I seem to be taking over a greetings thread with shattered star talk.

#13 thom

thom

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Apologies, I seem to be taking over a greetings thread with shattered star talk.

OK with me. I'm a fairly lenient GM - mind you I have mostly been running D&D/pathfinder with my sons and didn't want to be too lethal early on. They just asked me to make it a bit more challenging. The half-orc sorcerer nearly got sliced to shreds in RotRL (but my oldest son remembered the squeezing rules at the last moment - turns out they apply to hit and not just AC).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge