8 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Here's a forum game I spotted on the Terry Pratchett Books forum:

Pick a book, and change one of the words to something completely different, "with, as the ancient scrolls say, hilarious results". (- Jingo)
Then post it here.

Some examples:

• Champignons of Mystara - 1,000 cooking recipes with unripe white Portobello mushrooms, and how to find them in Brun, Skothar and Davania.
  • Friend Folio - a hefty grimoire detailing magic rituals that will assist lonely spellcasters in social networking.
  • Unearthed Gymkhana - the noble history of competitive Gnomish badger-riding.

If you prefer, you can pick any suitably geeky book you'd like, not necessarily just roleplaying books.

#2 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

The Book of Vile Harness - a compendium of evil horse tack and saddlery.

The Tomb of Whores - Adventurers explore a nasty, trap-filled tomb under a brothel.

#3 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

Meep on the Borderlands - Bunsen Honeydew has been captured by fiends from the rock of chaos. Beaker must recruit an adventuring party to go forth and rescue him before the Gorgs force him to invent something that will tip the balance in the struggle of humanoids in their favor and allow them to challenge the might of the great heap which the gods placed to keep civilized lands safe.

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

We're not above a little toilet humour here at RPGMP3, are we?

The Shatted Star - The seven-pooped star known as the Shithedron is well known to scholars of ancient Thassallgone, yet few know that the original Shithedron was itself a powerful artifact once owned by Emperor Do-in himself. When the Emperor was betrayed by the Thronelords, they splattered his Shithedron and hid the fragments in bowls throughout the land, where they would remain hidden for more than ten thousand years. But today, these fragments are surfacing, and it falls to Fertilizeria's newest crop of heroes to gather the shards of the Shatted Star if they hope to be able to protect Fertilizeria from a dangerous plop from the ancient past!

And because I just thought of it:

The Musk of Nyarlathotep - Perilous adventures to thwart the Rank God.

#5 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

The Dragondance Chronicles - starring the evil Lord Flatley and his sidekick Morris

#6 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

The Book of Exalted Tweeds - A sourcebook for the more nattily dressed characters in your game.

#7 Scribbleykins

Scribbleykins

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

If only Robert Jordan had been a fantasy humour writer.

The Pie of the World - Ran al'Poor and his friends Matrim Caution and Barry Eybrah, layabout youths from the peaceful village of Two Shivers, are suddenly thrust into a world of intrigue, danger and curiously shaped baked goods when a wandering chef sousdai and her larder inexplicably recruits them to hunt for the fabled Pie of the World.

Other works in The Squeal of Time series:

The Great Grunt

The Dragon's Rude Scorn

The Shadow Prizing

The Pliers of Heaven

Bored of Chaos

A Clown of Swords

The Bath of Daggers

Vintner's Fart

Crossbow of Twilights

Knife of Screams

The Blathering Storm

Showers of Midnight

A Memory of Sleight

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Fifty Shames of Earl Grey - this is a real thing.

tumblr_micdmdacDf1qlsgifo1_400.jpg

The back said something like “He is into BDSM. (Batman, Dragons, Star Wars, and Magic the Gathering).”

The first paragraph starts like this:

“I growl with frustration at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is fifty shades of messed up. Why is it so kinky and out of control? I need to stop sleeping with it wet. As I brush my long brown hair, the girl in the mirror brown eyes too big for her, stares back at me. Wait… my eyes are blue! It dawns on me that I haven’t been looking in the mirror—I’ve been staring at a poster of Kirsten Stewart for the past five minutes. My own hair is fine.”

tumblr_m86wbfqY8K1qbud3go1_500.png

tumblr_n0wauuCYtO1rfe8r1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_msgolzJwtX1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_n0wb86xmDF1rfe8r1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9kirbBaFS1r2wfl1o1_500.png

tumblr_nq91wf2JWm1rai70to1_540.png

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:17 AM