#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

http://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1263

File Name: Lamentations of the Flame Princess Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 21 Jun 2015

File Category: Lamentations of the Flame Princess

Genre: Fantasy
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Lamentations of the Flame Princess: Tower of the Stargazer 01

Posted Image

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a journey of Weird Fantasy Roleplaying!

Legend tells of a wizard so arrogant that he felt the entire sky was naught but a lens for him to view the stars. So great was his hubris and defiance that even when smote with the power of storm and fire, the wizard laughed. He feared not retribution from man nor God, for he drew his knowledge from something greater. Something darker. Something outside.

The legend of this wizard grew, first whispered by men in fear, and later in awe. But then there was no more news. No more talk. Something had finally brought the wizard low, for though the sky still blazed down on him and his abode, he no longer blazed back.

And now you’re going to walk right through this wizard’s front door.

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts venture forth into the dark fantasy world of James Edward Raggi IV's Lamentations of the Flame Princess, an “old school” game with its own weird aesthetic. The adventure description above is taken directly from the cover of the scenario, also written by James Edward Raggi IV and is quoted purely for reasons of illustration.

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. Make your Save vs Magic Device roll or suffer temporary deafness for 1d12 rounds.

The Players:
Jon: The GM
Amelia: Sally Lund, a fighter
Tim: Kerrik, a cleric
Nick: Caragon the Crrru-ell, a magic-user
Riddles: Frederick of Yeovil, a fighter

Click here to download this file

#2 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

Woot! I've been looking forward to this.

#3 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:22 AM

We'll be returning to this adventure once GURPS Flight 13 wraps up. Hopefully it will go well enough that the crew fancies tackling further LotFP adventures (as I have a few now).

#4 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

Sounds great. :) 

(Last Thursday I got my hardcover full-color copy of Lusus Naturae. It's full of horrible monsters for LotFP and other OSR games)

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:46 AM

I snagged the Random Esoteric Creature Generator, James Raggi's book for rolling up really weird monsters. Might possibly unleash something from that on my players soon :D

#6 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

It's a great resource! You get some headscratchers ("The ten-sided parrot moves by slithering and drains Dexterity?") but that's the point.

#7 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

Previously, on Whartson Hall, we learned that the main difference between D&D and Empire of the Petal Throne was that in EPT, you headed back to town when you ran out of slaves, rather than spells and/or hit points. Looking forward to find out what the 'thing' of LotFP is. You head back when the players are repulsed enough? You don't head back? I have been watching some Darkest Dungeon Let's Plays on youtube, the aesthetics of that game are probably a good fit to LofTP.

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:01 AM

In LotFP you head back to town as the raving, gibbering vanguard of an invading army from beyond space, forever lost to madness and horror.

#9 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 446 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

Enjoyed listening to this. I'll have to pick up the freebie set to have a look at it. It had a refreshingly old school feel to it.

#10 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

In LotFP you head back to town as the raving, gibbering vanguard of an invading army from beyond space, forever lost to madness and horror.

Ah, no namby-bamby Fate point silliness in this game, then ;-) Actually, made me think of the Witcher franchise, rather than WFRP.

Still in the midst of the char-gen on this episode. Made me think of a friend of mine, who was much amused by Eric the Cleric mentioned in some 'most common character names' article in ye olde Dragon magazine. Sadly, he had just burned himself out playing a paladin for a long time, so Aladdin was out, but he had not played a spellcaster so far, and wanted to give it a shot. Thus, Fruit the Druid was born...

#11 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

A very fun session. The interview with Sandy Petersen on YSDC was very interesting indeed. Did anyone else back the designers and dragons kickstarter? It's interesting how this is a cycle for some of the companies.

The module has a good weird fantasy pulp vibe. The box lists are a good touch. I'm hopeful that there is a really nice piece of large metallic treasure for the escape run. Like a bronze lance. Or a copper oar.

Lastly I would love to visit the keep on the Bordeaux-lands. But it seems to be a bad trip for kerrik so maybe not these.

#12 Kedamono

Kedamono

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKenmore, WA, USA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

I think that the concept of herding cats falls short of keeping the Whartson Hall players on the plot. Still, Happy Birthday Nick!

#13 ThistledownJohn

ThistledownJohn

Ghoul

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBonne Terre, MO USA

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

Obviously, Nick's wizard has cast Bigby's Everchanging Accent.  :D

#14 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

I listened to a game that wasn't a billion months old and so I can comment on it without feeling like a nercomancer! 

This was a really fun one. I very much enjoyed it.

There! I have said my most useful and thoughtful of comments which will cause the players to feel the weight of their responsibilities to the masses, has opened up deep philosophical discussions, and will be remembered throughout the ages.

#15 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:59 AM

I listened to a game that wasn't a billion months old and so I can comment on it without feeling like a nercomancer! 

This was a really fun one. I very much enjoyed it.

There! I have said my most useful and thoughtful of comments which will cause the players to feel the weight of their responsibilities to the masses, has opened up deep philosophical discussions, and will be remembered throughout the ages.

Someone needs to add this to their sig ;)

#16 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:02 AM

Is it me?

#17 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. Make your Save vs Magic Device roll or suffer temporary deafness for 1d12 rounds.

Also there is slight sync issues some times with BJB's dialogue. Particularly during describing the basement stuff (roll 4d8), BJB gives what the item is at the same time as the person gives the number. Well, it's either sync issues or BJB is slightly prescient.

#18 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

Only slightly, which is why I'm not a lottery millionaire :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge