#1 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSarnia, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

Hi!

My name is Stephen, and I'm a gameaholic.  I've been listening to RPGMP3 for a long time, but, as I also worship MaƱana (the Spanish God of Procrastination), it's taken me way too long to actually create an account here.  I am @WeirdHobbies on Twitter, so I might know some of you from there already.

If there are any online groups forming, or looking for new players, I wouldn't mind trying out some Pathfinder.  I have an idea for a Gnomish Inquisitor called Gadget.....

I'm also toying with the idea of starting a 1st Edition AD&D game in my own setting.  It is a modified version of the actual rules, mainly because I think things like five foot steps and attacks of opportunity are good for combat.  I know it's a long shot, but if there's anyone here from Sarnia, Ontario, give me a shout.

Anyway, I think I've blathered on for long enough.  :D

Stephen

#2 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

Hello Stephen, welcome to the exciting world of forum participation!

I'm afraid this may not be the place to tackle your gameaholism, however. We're very much part of the problem, not the solution. :D

#3 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:07 AM

Hi, Stephen! Let us enable you. :)

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

Welcome, glipe, aka Stephen!

I must warn you. There is a terrible force on this forum. You should not speak its name. It speaks in charming tones but will reveal to you horrors you cannot imagine. Its powers are boundless and it will find you. There is only one defense against this vile creature! Gird your loins with the most stalwart of undies and clench your orifaces tightly in preparation for the sights which you cannot unsee. It shant be long now before it comes.

Hark! I think I hear the sinister simian approaching now!

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

*distracts the simian with more YGG audio*

Greetings Stepehn, aka @glipe and warm welcome to the forums.

There is always the occasional bubble of conversation about various forum members starting up online games. Keep the word out and eyes looking and it is a possibility. As always though, I do reccomend roll20.net and it's bevy of online games and looking for group section if you desire a more immediate fix.

Also, MWAHAHAHA! More Canadians! We must band together and stand firm against the British and American presence, holding our Tims and eating our Poutine.

#6 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

Welcome, glipe, aka Stephen!

I must warn you. There is a terrible force on this forum. You should not speak its name. It speaks in charming tones but will reveal to you horrors you cannot imagine. Its powers are boundless and it will find you. There is only one defense against this vile creature! Gird your loins with the most stalwart of undies and clench your orifaces tightly in preparation for the sights which you cannot unsee. It shant be long now before it comes.

Hark! I think I hear the sinister simian approaching now!

Tales of the Crayon Simian have spread far and wide already.  I shall prepare the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

#7 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

*distracts the simian with more YGG audio*

Greetings Stepehn, aka @glipe and warm welcome to the forums.

There is always the occasional bubble of conversation about various forum members starting up online games. Keep the word out and eyes looking and it is a possibility. As always though, I do reccomend roll20.net and it's bevy of online games and looking for group section if you desire a more immediate fix.

Also, MWAHAHAHA! More Canadians! We must band together and stand firm against the British and American presence, holding our Tims and eating our Poutine.

I'm sorry to inform you that I am also an infiltrator from the UK, Northern Ireland to be precise, although I have lived in Canada for nearly eight years.  I do love Tims, but I am not poutine that in my mouth.  :)

#8 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hi, Stephen! Let us enable you. :)

Enable me, enable me long time!  :)

#9 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hello Stephen, welcome to the exciting world of forum participation!

I'm afraid this may not be the place to tackle your gameaholism, however. We're very much part of the problem, not the solution. :D

To be honest, I didn't come here for help.....I came for more games!  Yay!  :)

#10 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm sorry to inform you that I am also an infiltrator from the UK, Northern Ireland to be precise, although I have lived in Canada for nearly eight years.  I do love Tims, but I am not poutine that in my mouth.

A Canadian by choice is still a Canadian, just like a Canadian who leaves to find fame and fortune is still a Canadian. Basically, unless we hate you, we'll claim possession of you. Also, you're British but you balk at poutine? 

I shall yammer at you in my best impression of Dick Van Dyke's worst cockney accent until you admit it is delicious.

#11 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

[quote=glipe]I'm sorry to inform you that I am also an infiltrator from the UK, Northern Ireland to be precise, although I have lived in Canada for nearly eight years.  I do love Tims, but I am not poutine that in my mouth.[/glipe]

A Canadian by choice is still a Canadian, just like a Canadian who leaves to find fame and fortune is still a Canadian. Basically, unless we hate you, we'll claim possession of you. Also, you're British but you balk at poutine? 

I shall yammer at you in my best impression of Dick Van Dyke's worst cockney accent until you admit it is delicious.

True, even though I'm not officially a Canadian yet, they do let me pay taxes.  And I doubt I could live in the UK again having sampled the delights of the Great White North.  My wife loves poutine, and I detest it.  It is effectively a gravy chip with melted cheese on top, or as I like to call it the Devil's Vomit.

<Mockney Accent> Of course I'll clear out your cobwebs with my chimney sweeps pole Mary Poppins! </Mockney Accent>

#12 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

Okay, I will accept that maybe you don't like standard poutine. However, I dare you to come to Winnipeg and try my pulled pork poutine recipe and tell me then that it is gross.

In fact, open invitation to anybody who wants to come try it.

#13 glipe

glipe

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

Okay, I will accept that maybe you don't like standard poutine. However, I dare you to come to Winnipeg and try my pulled pork poutine recipe and tell me then that it is gross.

In fact, open invitation to anybody who wants to come try it.

I do like pulled pork, but does it still have cheese metled on top of it?  Because that's what the problem is.  However, if I am ever in Winterpeg we can conduct a taste test.  :plotting:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge