#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

http://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1260

File Name: Flight 13 Session 04

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 02 Jun 2015

File Category: GURPS

Genre: Horror
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

GURPS: Flight 13 04 – Won't someone think of the children?

Posted Image

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a journey of nightmarish horror!

A plea for help from people trapped in a nearby shopping mall is picked up on the police radio, leading to a dilemma for a group already struggling to come to terms with the threats facing them. Should they abandon their sick captain to aid others? or can they manage to rescue everyone and get out of Austin before the more fragile souls crack completely? If things weren't complicated enough, a warning from earlier in the day suddenly manifests in a solid and deadly form...

The Game: GURPS by Steve Jackson and friends. The adventure is Flight 13 written by W.G. Armintrout.
Flight 13 intro is by Nick Marsh, featuring the track Twilight Deep Zone by forever_young, used under licence.
The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Any reduction in sound quality is due to Google employees rustling their paycheques at us.

The Players:
Nick: Unstoppable Horror Fountain
Amelia: Dr Melissa Courtenay
Jon: Brian Hillman
Tim: Darrel Fisher

Click here to download this file

#2 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

Extreme horror. Especially that the 90's were years and years ago. So sad that the plague is set to consume Brian. Here's hoping he doesn't receive Sweary Carl therapy.

#3 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

Brian's fine! Absolutely fine! He's never felt better!

#4 RogerBW

RogerBW

Toad

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

So now you lot have been responsible for my shouting "Sulaco!" where my co-workers could hear it.

Fortunately I work from home, generally in the garden, so my "co-workers" are mostly red kites who don't mind.

I realise rules aren't a big priority, but you might find my GURPS 101 blog posts helpful. (Requests welcome.)

Line of the session: "Well, as a new father… you say that now…"

Back in the day we would sometimes call for a Spot Obvious roll.

#5 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

GURPS tips appreciated, Roger - inspired by your fine podcast (and my increasing laziness) I'm pretty much going to make it my go-to system when I GM. It has depth if you want it but it's fairly easy just to enjoy rules-lite. Obviously our group leans heavily toward the crunchy end of the spectrum. We run a tight ship.

#6 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

+1 for the Sulaco -shout. Eerie, I was in the garden as well, mowing the lawn.

Heh, I've come to the conclusion that regardless of system or genre, Whartson Hall (and I can't believe THAT had to be spelled out before I got it...) sessions end up resembling Fiasco more than anything else. Which is one of the reasons I find them so entertaining. 

As for nursery rhymes, was "Mary had a little lamb" ever scary? Maybe I'm missing a reference here, which would not be surprising. I think the top spot for me goes to "Ring a ring o'roses", thanks to Sapphire and Steel.

#7 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:37 AM

We played the fifth session last night and it was great... except for the recording. It's not yet a "lost episode" but the audio is weirdly uneven and distorted on the side with all of the players other than me. Bit baffled, as the recording is taken from the feed I hear in my headphones.

Anyway, I fear a delay in posting this episode will be inevitable and I'm going to have to play around to see if I can salvage what we have.

#8 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 455 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Glad to hear that the session was great. Hope that the audio doesn't cause you too many problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge