File Name: Weirdzone Session 05

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 19 May 2015

File Category: Forgotten Futures

Genre: Steampunk
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Forgotten Futures: Weirdzone 05: Quack of Surprise

Posted Image

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a voyage to wondrous futures past!

The gang play musical closets for a while and reassemble most of the team for this week's episode. Still stranded in a peculiar suburban landscape, under attack from an incomprehensible foe and attempting not to salivate too excessively over the aroma of burning duck, Our Heroes see that they are not alone! The unmistakable tailoring of an Englishman is sighted, prisoner of the ducks and in need of succour; and our band of suckers decide upon a rescue. Of sorts. And shopping.

If for some reason you're determined to listen to what approximates for actually playing the game in our group then skip ahead quarter of an hour or so.

The Game: Forgotten Futures by Marcus L. Rowland. The adventure setting is adapted from Weirdzone by Richard Tucholka and Tri Tac Games. Karma Kards are published for various systems by aethereal FORGE.
Intro and outro musical excerpts are by that most splendid gentleman Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.
The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. There's probably a button to fix it and one day I might even read the manual.

The Players:
Nick: ”Earwig” Carnehan
Martin: Rufus Reigns
Mark (Riddles): John Bull
Amelia: Lady Lettie Parkhurst
Jon: The GM

Click here to download this file

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

The maleficent mallards are no more!

#3 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

I was feeling rather sorry for the ducks by the end. I hope that a large range of condiments were picked up at the supermarket so that whomever the next enemies are they can be eaten in the tastiest way.

#4 TFSakon

TFSakon

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

Very impressive episode, usually new additions are similarly useless, but I did like how he watched as she was assailed by a half blinded duck. Maybe the idea of filling them full of cereal would have worked by the time they'd cycled back to this reality.

Is this in any way linked to Slideways btw?

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Is this in any way linked to Slideways btw?

Remember the final episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation"? That game never ended :D

#6 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

Well somehow I missed this episode when it came out. Now having listened I'd like to put forth my theory of when the shift happens. I believe it is either when a certain kill count has been reached or when the requisite number of horribly failed rolls has been reached. Yep, those are my theories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge