6 replies to this topic

#1 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

So I'm currently listening to OoAK's Mage series and It's really making me want to play a WoD game - be it either mage or vampire - so much so that I'm acquiring the books for myself and coming up with character concepts in my spare time, even knowing that I won't be able to play a game any time soon. This made me think, surely I'm not the only one who gets super hyped about wanting to try out a system that's new to them, so-

How hype do you get when you come across a new game you want to try out? Do you make a half-dozen characters or scenarios in your head out of excitement? Do you, instead, delve into the mechanics of the system and make yourself intimately familiar with them? Or do you just call up a bunch of folks out of the blue and throw together a game?

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:59 AM

So I'm currently listening to OoAK's Mage series and It's really making me want to play a WoD game - be it either mage or vampire - so much so that I'm acquiring the books for myself and coming up with character concepts in my spare time, even knowing that I won't be able to play a game any time soon.

You could try contacting @Twyst or @LightPagoda and ask if they've got room for one more player - they've had some of their group members join the game via Skype before, they might be interested in doing it again, if you ask nicely. :)

#3 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

Once I get caught up (Which shouldn't be too much longer) I'd love to join if they'd have me.

#4 Twyst

Twyst

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

We might be open to new players, but we stopped playing Mage (hopefully temporarily) a while back. I'm still getting ideas I'll use if we return to it, but right now we're playing DnD 5E and nWoD Changeling, recordings of which might be up some time soon. I think there's probably a session or two left of Mage that haven't made it up yet too.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

I love all the side books and stuff that White Wolf put out. I feel they are very well written generally - they were some of the best parts of nWOD - which as a whole did not grip me as much as oWOD did :)

I played Vampire for ages and ages and ages and it was awesome cool :)

Hal :hal:

#6 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

@Twyst - Well when you guys get it started back up again I'd love to join if you want another player :) - finishing up session 9 as I type.

Getting back to the subject at hand; I tend to get hyped about systems a lot, mostly because I don't have many changes to play with my local group due to time constraints. When I got my 5th edition Player's handbook for D&D, I proceeded to make 12 characters - one for each class - and then created 12 more variations, all using Myth-weavers, and made as many custom minifigures on Hero Forge without ordering them. I haven't played any of these characters yet, and may never do so, but creating character concepts for me is part of the fun of exploring new systems and seeing what they can do.

#7 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

When I get hyped up I start making stuff, regardless of whether I have players. For Into the Odd I made a space fantasy setting. I've yet to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge