16 replies to this topic

#1 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

We've got a Kickstarter running for The Cthulhu Breakfast Club if it's of interest!

referral-0830700001431279833.jpg

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Sounds good!

... and with the Kickstarter it would sound even better!

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:49 AM

If I could unlock my kickstarter account I would totally back this.

#4 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:00 AM

Thank you.

We're going for "slow but steady" on this one.

It's nothing fancy as far as Kickstarters go, but the results should be worth it.

I'm just organising to do a short video piece for the KS page to demonstrate the differences in audio quality.

#5 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

I would like to back this, and will when I have the funds.

#6 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

Very much appreciated!

There's now a demo video posted to the Kickstarter page featuring me & Val.

Can you spot which one may be Val? ;-)

Also Watch in HDHFR (1080p50)

#7 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

If you're a Kickstarter backer you can now watch an advance release of The Importance of Being Eldritch - Part 2: Axis Mundi our Lovecraftian short film starring Val and Fin. (Originally shot in HDHFR, 1080p50.)

You can also have your YSDC member title permanently changed to "Breakfast Clubber" if you choose.

#8 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

I'm no fool. It's Val with the fetching scarf.

#9 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

If the Kickstarter is successful, every backer will get a copy of our latest Handbook: Strange Places, Strange Stories.

As an additional extra to show our gratitude for backing the Kickstarter, if we meet our target every backer will receive a free PDF copy of Strange Places, Strange Stories, our latest Innsmouth House Handbook release from the pen of Dr. Vivienne Dunstan.

-----------

STRANGE PLACES, STRANGE STORIES brings forth an evocative selection of locales in the British Isles whose rich stories and legends can easily be adapted for use in historical or modern-day roleplaying games.

Vivienne Dunstan’s extensive archival research into these places of mystery and intrigue is succinctly distilled between the pages of this Innsmouth House Handbook for scenario designers.

-----------

Plus all the old Yog Radios will be re-released!

#10 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

CFYejUVXIAAl1B7.jpg

Cthulhu Breakfast Clubbers can now access a couple of video clips from today's show.

To be a lifetime CBC member, just back the Kickstarter!

#11 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

A new show is out and the CBC Mic Kickstarter enters its last couple of weeks.

Cthulhu Breakfast Club: Breakfast of Champions

bc3e77833c2116bd278b7f9ff3106e50.jpg

#12 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

The Cthulhu Breakfast Club mics Kickstarter is currently 90% funded with just under a couple of weeks to go!

If you're curious, I've just publicly released one of several video clips from the shows, so you can put faces to voices. :-)

http://www.yog-sotho...r-at-90-percent

#13 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

We hit our original target and so as promised, the entire Yog Radio series is now back on full public release.

#14 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

Congratulations! Great to see so much support for an excellent show.

#15 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

Cheers, Jon!

See you at UK Games Expo in just a few days! :-)

Here's our Cthulhu Breakfast Club landing page: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/cbc

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Cthulhu breakfast, eh?

tumblr_nrgq0lnOb91qcw66ho1_540.jpg

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

What do you get when you cross Power Rangers, Cthulhu & the Breakfast Club?

I'll let you know as it comes together. But this is what I got so far:

• Dear Zordon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday to stop the Dread Lord Cthulhu. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a Blue... and a Pink... and a Yellow... a Red... and a Green... Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Rangers.
The pink ranger is of course the jock (he's confidant in his masculinity bro). His supersuit may even have a popped collar.

So all this is part of a game I'm writing for a con. It'll be Fate Accelerated. More affectionate homage to Power Rangers than parody. But I did think the breakfast club comparison is an interesting idea since Sentai seem to have personalities matching their colours.

[...] Introducing the Mythos Rangers.
  • Red Byakhee Ranger - Princess
  • Blue Night Gaunt Ranger - Nerd
  • Yellow Moonbeast Ranger - Basket Case
  • Green Shoggoth Ranger - Criminal
  • Pink Cthonian Ranger - Jock
[...] I'm supplying the characters. System is Fate Accelerated. They will have conflicting aspects. The Red Ranger is both the "Perfect Poised Princess" and the "Hot blooded Hero". The Blue Ranger is both a "Solitary Genius" and "Steadfast friend"... etc.

Plot:
  • Kids are going missing from the Angel Grove Youth Center
  • Some return but they are acting like happy zombies
  • Investigation leads to a youth Outreach program run by the Nogad Corporation. The company that rebuilt Angel Grove after the last big monster attack. Sprinkle in some Deep Ones to fight!
  • Father Vernon the leader of the Youth Outreach program is Dagon! Eldest of the Deep Ones. He's brainwashing the Angel Grove kids.
  • He turns his mental powers on the Mighty Morphin Mythos Rangers!
  • They are transported to a mental realm where they meet a being who insists that they are their "real" selves. The Red Ranger is really a princess. She needs to let go of her illusions. [GM invokes aspects here]
  • Denying the Dopplegangers makes them stronger. The only way to win is to stop denying that these dopplegangers aren't part of themselves. They need to accept that they are a Princess or a Jock or a Brain but that it doesn't define everything about them.
  • Making peace with themselves frees the Rangers from Dagons control. He summons a number of building sized sea monsters to attack the city while he escapes! The PCs get to summon their Zords and fight individually.
  • Remember all those brainwashed kids? They start chanting "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" and all those new buildings that Nogad but up? They start glowing. The non-euclidean geometry of the buildings are acting as antennae. Cthulhu, at last awakened from his slumber in R'yleh makes landfall in Angel Grove.
  • Guess it's time to combine their Mechs into the "Elder One Mega Zord". Smashing the buildings/antennae weakens Cthulhu.
  • Earth is saved. Angel Grove is a bit smashed. Cthulhu ate 1d6 investigators a round while he was active but Earth is Saved!
Also the Byakhee is kinda similar to the Night Gaunt so I'm changing it to the
  • Red Lloigor Ranger
It's a fire breathing dinosaur robot!

[...] The Colour out of Space Ranger deserves their own entire game. I may do a sequel one day.

Maybe he is an evil Ranger sent by the MiGo for nefarious* purposes to earth

*I'm not saying Zordon is involved with the MiGo but he's a head in a jar...

TheMouse: Since you're bringing Lovecraft's writing into this, you could set your game in the 20s. Pink was often seen as a masculine color during that period.

apOweyn: Gives "The Colour Out of Space" a slightly different connotation. Sort of a pulpy, tied-to-a-railroad-track-with-the-train-coming vibe.

Evil Midnight Lurker: Does seeing their helmets cause SAN loss in civilians?

MrWolfe: No, the helmets are there to prevent SAN loss from seeing the mutated horror of the transformed ranger beneath. The rangers themselves may not realize this, only knowing that they get stronger/faster/better when they transform, and not understanding the toll that power exacts on their humanity.

Vaalingrade: The Elder One Megazord's finishing move should be hitting Cthulhu with a boat.

tumblr_lj5c86HWub1qz7rtco1_500.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge