12 replies to this topic

#1 skunner

skunner

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

Hello.

They say imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery, so inspired by the Thousand Thrones podcast I've created my own WFRP play podcast. It's 2nd edition WFRP, but the full episode is now available at http://skerrigan.co....mer/podcast.php

Stuart

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Cool :)

Thanks for the link... I love WFRP - I like the dark depressing misery of it all... it fills a GM with power and the players with dread :D

Hal :hal:

#3 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Glad I found this, WFRP is likely my most favourite system (and not just because of Skaven...). Got to give these a spin sometime. I still fondly remember the almost-with-power-point-slides presentation about How Bretonnia Is Not Just Empire With Funny Accents our GM gave us before chargen when we were to play the Barony of the Damned.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

The 9 Most Ridiculous Badasses of the Warhammer Fantasy Game

Tabletop game maker Games Workshop has announced that the world of its long-running Warhammer Fantasy Battles game is coming to an end, to be replaced by a new setting. With its departure, we have to say goodbye to some over-the-top heroes and villains that made Warhammer so great — and here’s nine of the best.

It's bad enough that they missed out on luminaries such as Gotrek & Felix in that list, but it's a downright atrocity that Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks weren't featured in the top 3. ;)

2503.jpg

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

While on the topic of the new edition, here's 8 Ridiculous Rules From the New Warhammer Age of Sigmar:

Marius Leitdorf

An infamously insane commander who's also a genius, so obviously...

The Mad Count: Marius Leitdorf is an
exceptional swordsman, even if he is totally
insane. If, during your hero phase, you
pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you
can re-roll failed hit rolls for the Averland
Runefang until your next hero phase. If
you actually talk to your imaginary horse
you can re-roll failed wound rolls as well.

What bonus do I get if I bang two coconuts together?

Also: you can automatically win the game with a couple of Tomb Swarms?! :O

#6 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

I am very happy that you brought Lumpin Croop into my day.

I feel extreme ambivilance that age of sigmar is occupying part of ideaspace that once held WFRP. I enjoy WFRP quite a bit. Age of sigmar not so much.

#7 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

I haven't followed the Warhammer metaplot in a long time, and now I feel a hefty dose of 'get off my lawn' coming up. Well, most of my remaining WFB stuff is from the third edition era anyway. These days, my miniature gaming needs are fulfilled with Song of Blades and Heroes, so GW can do whatever they like to keep their investors happy.

As for the audio, these were pretty fun. And the tone was just right, made me want to play WFRP again. Granted, that is not the hardest thing to accomplish, but anyway...

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:03 AM

tumblr_nrl7eegAT81qfbpzno1_500.jpg

As Age of Sigmar is official Baby’s First Warhammer (no tactical depth allowed, no skill required) I fully intend to play it with stuff from the Early Learning Centre. Schliech, £4.95, ready painted. Just glued it down to a 60mm round base, flocked it, and off we go.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

#10 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:49 AM

Hummm.... fascinating... perhaps I should call my agent and rediversify my assets...

Wait, what's this? 

Total War Warhammer?  Ooooh!  When?

:elf:

BTW - @skunner I thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts you have released!  Will there be more?

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

BTW - @skunner I thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts you have released!  Will there be more?

You could also try contacting him by email (perilousrealmpodcast@gmail.com), or on Twitter:

And if you wish to share the love a little more on Twitter, here are some handy links:

https://twitter.com/skerrigan/status/609814370596585472
https://twitter.com/skerrigan/status/609811163967287297
https://twitter.com/skerrigan/status/592301225250582528

#12 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten to tip my hat to @skunner.

As for the article, yeah... I really don't buy the 20%. Or maybe I just don't like their figures anymore. I really think there are so much more attractive figures for painters and collectors. And I bet even those that do just buy and collect the GW models, do so for a nostalgia kick for a game they used to play. And if there's no game today, there will be no nostalgia tomorrow.  

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

I don't have the budget for buying into Age of Sigmar, and the style of most of the fluff isn't really to my taste (not that previous editions were either), but they do have some beautiful models that I enjoy looking at in White Dwarf.

This is the aforementioned Sylvaneth beetle queen.

Spoiler

I say I don't care for most of the fluff; I do find the Flesh-Eater Courts hilarious, because they're repulsive ghouls and ghasts and zombies who are all convinced that they're brave warriors defending human civilisation from evil in the service of a noble king . . . all while they're wielding the remnants of the last person they ate as a weapon, or strapping skeletons to their back instead of a heraldic banner.
I mean, these guys think they're knights in shining armour:
Spoiler

Seriously.

That is a beautiful miniatures but represents one of the reasons I just can't get into Age of Sigmar.

• My paintings skills simply aren't up to snuff to make that look good.
  • I am primarily a game player, and, while pretty, that does not look like a miniature designed to be transported from game to game.
  • Aesthetically I have mixed feelings. There's so much going on there that I don't know what to focus on.
  • I just couldn't justify spending $130 on a single model that I just don't have the skills to make look very good.
It's a lot nicer looking than the gold Sigmarite Space Marines though.

I know what you mean. I admire a lot of the models produced by Games Workshop and Forge World, but at the same time I know my limits and that I wouldn't be able to do them enough justice to make the purchase sensible.

I'm not a gamer, at least at the moment, so transporting isn't an issue - but I do have a mountaineering cat, so unless and until I buy a lockable display cabinet (not exactly high on my priority list at this stage of my life) I also don't want to put anything too pricey and/or delicate on my shelves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge